Chapter 16

Poppy was flummoxed, she couldn't understand why Snape couldn't understand the significance of Harry's Creature being a Jackal. She asked "Really you don't understand?" Snape said "Should I understand. I haven't the foggiest why a Jackal or a Sphinx is significant." Poppy was about to collapse but stopped herself and "Your history is appalling Snape you need to read a book." Then suddenly the right book appeared and landed on the right chapter. Snape picked it up and began to read, he read about Merlin's history and how he was a Jackal and how he was a wizard got pregnant by Arthur but lost the child and how if Arthur was a wizard he would be a Sphinx and maybe the child might have survived. Snape couldn't believe his eyes he asked "Does that mean me and Harry are soulmates and might be the second wizards in history to have a child?" Poppy replied "Yes oh I see you already know about James pregnancy." Snape replied "Yeah me and Albus discuss it once in his office." Poppy asked "Do you know who got James pregnant?"Snape replied "Kind of but I can't say whom because I have the Unbreakable Vowel on my arm." Poppy was shocked and said to herself "Wow I keep finding out new things." When she was ready she asked "You do realise Unbreakable Vows only work if the wizard is still alive?" Snape replied "Yeah I knew that already, but me and this wizard did a Vow even if he or me died we can't say a word who this wizard is." Poppy was even more shocked and said "Wow! Okay I had a clue who it was but now I don't think I am right." Snape bravely asked "Who do you think the wizard is?" Poppy said "Well part of me thought it was someone like a Death Eater like you actually or even Lucius which is crazy." Snape was disturbed that Poppy would think that it was him and said "Well that's really quite shocking and disturbing that you would think that it would be me or Lucius seriously." Poppy laughed and replied "Yeah what was I thinking, oh well I always like a good mystery can't wait to find out." Then Minerva arrived and asked "Poppy what is the result of Severus acting weirdly?" Poppy said "It's just his Creature acting up because his soulmate has finally arrived and he's little bit excited." Minerva laughed "That's an understatement, you believe that Harry and Severus would be able to get along?" Poppy and Severus nodded together. Snape said "I think once the students return its going be an interesting second term." Minerva said "Cannot wait if I see you and Harry getting along I won't believe it."  Poppy replied "Trust me, it's going to be an interesting second half of term."

Meanwhile in the Burrows Harry was trying to convince his Jackal it's the right thing to do.  The Jackal asked "Do you truly trust these people?" Harry said "Yeah I truly do."