Cloak-And-Dagger Upshot

Previously on Wings of Light:

--- *** ---

"I don't have time for games, Judy! Open the door!"

"Sir, you're nothing than an embarrassment and troublemaker! The police will be here within a few minutes after I phone them."

--- *** ---

"Rare bird, are you alright? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine. It doesn't hurt at all. Just everything today for me is coming a bit too much."

--- *** ---

"In the late hours of the afternoon, five police officers were brutally murdered by the infamous serial killer Cayden Gray inside the bar Felicity and in front of the bartender's eyes. Moreover, it's confirmed by one of the police officers who was outside and tried to stop him by wounding his knee under the name Lydia Jane Morrison that he threatened her, but the only survived policewoman didn't give him a chance to be the next victim. Anyway here's Lydia's short commentary on the happened. I saw that tall, dangerous bad guy leaving smugly the bar as if he's already done with the dirty work and washing his hands of murdering the cops, who meant trouble for him. Blood was dribbling from his butcher knife even he showed it to me how much blood he's collected from the dirty work of his. I was sure it was him. Cayden Gray. He's pleased as punch. He thought he'd kill me and ending up like my co-workers. He was wrong. I was the one who shot him cleverly in the knee and I scared him so much that he limped, trying to escape and dodging the bullets I shot until I was out of ammo which pissed me off. At least, I tried to weaken him and slow down his pace until he kicked me in the crotch and I ended up on the snow, being on my knees as he was out of my sight. The kick was unarguably strong."

"No! Just no."

--- *** ---

"I'm pretty impressed by your hobbies, dear! I knew it you've somehow a tremendous talent in sewing clothes and being such a sweetheart to the children."

"Thanks! You know how special are the children to me even if they're my grandchildren, they mean the world to me!"

--- *** ---

"Good for that police officer, but it's such a shame he isn't arrested!" 

"Because that policewoman was actually kicked in the crotch so that to wash his hands of his business!"

--- *** ---

" My bills are all due and the baby needs shoes and I'm busted ! Cotton is down to a quarter a pound, but I'm busted ! I got a cow that went dry and a hen that won't lay ! A big stack of bills that gets bigger each day ! The county's gonna haul my belongings away cause I'm busted."

"Mama!" 

--- *** ---

"Why? Did you lose somebody significant from your family or something else?"