"I don't know — I don't think so," said Odette.

"We'll check that later," said Hua, "Now, Broomsticks are not only useful for Quidditich but in transportation. So, even if you are like Mei, knowing how to fly a broomstick should come in handy. Unless, you're scared of heights, I really hope you're not."

Hua mounted on the broom she was holding and told Odette to join her. Odette did so.

"I'm going to fly into the air. Tell me if at any point you feel uncomfortable or if you have a fear of heights, okay?"

"Okay," said Odette, getting on the broom behind Hua.

Hua slowly left the ground and started to gradually get higher. Odette didn't feel anything, even as she looked down at the ground. That slowly started to change as Hua kept going higher, though.

"You alright?" called out Hua.

"Yeah," said Odette, "I don't think I'm scared of heights, but I am growing quite anxious as you keep getting higher."

"Oh, that's fine," said Hua, "If you aren't scared, you'll soon feel less anxious as time goes on. Now hold on tight."

"Why?" said Odette warily.

She did not get a verbal answer as Hua flew back to the ground quickly, rather than slowly like she did before. Despite being amazing at Quidditch (or so Odette heard), Hua apparently didn't know how to make a graceful landing. Odette was caught off guard and fell onto the grass the moment Hua stopped the broom.

"Are you sure you have years experience with flying?" said Odette, sitting up.

Hua rolled her eyes, "You're growing a lot more confident, Odette."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Nope," said Hua, "It just makes it a lot more fun to spend time with you — and a little annoying, if I'm being honest."

"Right," said Odette.

"Here," said Hua, holding out the other broom, "I'll teach you the way Madam Hooch does. Stand next to the broom."

"Who's Madam Hooch?"

"The First Year Flight Instructor at Hogwarts," responded Hua, "First thing you have to do is lift the broom off the ground. Put your hand over the broom and say 'up.'"

Odette had her suspicions, but she didn't voice them out loud as she listened to Hua.

Unlike other things she tried, flying was not something that came easy to her. After she managed to lift the broom up into the air a couple of times, Hua decided to show her how to ride the broom.

Odette didn't like flying very much at first. However, it became a lot more enjoyable once she started to get the hang of it.

By the time they packed up, it was already dark. Hua told Odette that she did well and that she would get to play Quidditch soon. Before they went home, Hua and Odette ate dinner in a small diner.

Odette hadn't really spent time with Hua alone. She was glad she did though, Hua was different without her family around. Odette didn't know why, but she realized the Xun sisters were a lot more opinionated when they were together. Mei was very opinionated regardless, but Hua was a lot more open minded to things. Odette wasn't sure about Xia, though.

"Hua!" said Liu the moment they entered the house, "Couldn't you tell me in person rather than leaving a note that I didn't find until after I started panicking?"

Liu lifted up a small note. Hua laughed. Odette took the note from Liu. She didn't get a chance to read what Hua wrote earlier.