Going over Mei's past books was fun at first. It still was, but it no longer held that excitement. Whether it was because she was now alone or it was so much information at one time that the excitement quickly faltered. Whatever it was, Odette simply felt responsible to learn everything she could from the books. If it was up to her, she would be doing something else.

Odette remembered Mei being so excited and amazed the first time Odette did a spell. Mei told her that she was a fast learner and if she kept it up, she would know most of the necessary spells for seventh year. Odette was, naturally, excited as well, perhaps even more than Mei.

Odette didn't have memories, obviously, but there were so many things that didn't feel new to her. Like when she experienced side-along apparition. She felt uncomfortable, but she was told that people had worse reactions than just feeling uncomfortable. Mei told Odette that she puked the first time she apparated.

A lot of things appeared new to Odette, but they feel new. Even when she stared at something she did with magic in awe, there was a feeling of familiarity. It was faint, but it was there. Odette wasn't sure why it was there, she couldn't find anything on it. Every book she read (or at least tried to) about cases similar to hers had mentioned nothing about what she felt.

Something dawned upon Odette at that moment and she pushed her notes away. She grabbed a new piece of parchment, pressed her quill in the ink, and started the letter.

Odette figured the letter would do and folded it up

Odette figured the letter would do and folded it up. She found out a few days ago about the mail delivering service in the wizarding world. It was quite a surprise to her at first, but she quickly accepted it and even fell in love a little with Xia's owl, Aya.

Odette walked up the stairs to Xia's room. She had never really been to Xia's room. She only really knew that Xia had the fun room of the house. Bright coloured walls and no specific theme, unlike the rest of the house.

Xia's room appeared quite unorganized, but Odette knew better than that. Xia had her room in a way that she knew where everything was, but others didn't. Odette only knew this from overhearing a conversation between Liu and Xia. Apparently, Liu wasn't a big fan of Xia's room.

Odette walked over to Aya's cage, which had been left open for Aya to roam if she wished. The bright pink curtains, which clashed with the equally bright stripes painted on Xia's walls, gently swayed as the wind came into the room from the open window.

"Aya," called out Odette. Aya flew over to her and perched herself on Odette's outstretched arm.

Odette still wasn't sure how it worked, but she decided to do what she saw Mei do when Mei sent a letter to a friend.