You're Worth It

Warning: This chapter contains subject matter that may not be suitable for all audiences (suicide)

"Is that it?"

"Yeah. That's everything."

Via shut the trunk of Alecai's car as they went into her house.

As soon as they had put everything away, they sat down on the couch.

Leaning on Alecai's shoulder Via let out a breath.

"Should I cook? Or do you want to?" Alecai smiled, putting his arm around Via.

"Mm let's stay like this for a bit. If Asa doesn't come back with food I can cook."

Alecai made a sound of agreement.

Just as Via was about to fall asleep next to Alecai, her phone began vibrating.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Is this Via?"

Via recognized the voice as that of Leo Lofter's secretary.

"Yeah. Does Leo need anything from me? I'm technically on vacation. . . "

The secretary smiled. Although she did not sound like it, everyone at The Loft knew Miss Dos had good intentions. At first, they had all doubted her abilities, but over time, they realized that despite her age, her work was efficient. She was respectful and just as valuable as any other employee there.

"Mr. Lofter wanted me to inform you that you are invited to his grandson's celebration."

"Oh alright. Please tell Mr. Lofter and Lucas that I'll be there."

Via hung up feeling as if there was something she was forgetting.

"Who was it?"

"Leo's secretary. He's inviting us to Lucas's celebration."

"Celebration for what?"

"Leo's retiring, so Lucas is officially in control of The Loft. Although with that old man's personality, it could just be an excuse for him to throw one last party."

Alecai chuckled.

"Alright, are you planning to go?"

"Yes. It's going to be semi-formal."

"Alright. I'll get something together."

This time it was Via who laughed.

"I'll get something together? This is coming from the man who dresses business casual everyday."

Alecai gave her a meaningful look.

"I don't see you prancing around in sports clothes either."

That night Via made Alecai cook.

. . .

"How do I look?"

"Oh so pretty. Can we go? Also, I want to drive."

"Pushy."

Alecai followed Via out the door as she took the car keys from him.

The rest of their friends would be meeting them there.

For the celebration, Leo Lofter had rented out a large ballroom.

Walking through, Via couldn't help but give the two men credit. The decorations were outstanding. While the main theme was that of a company party, all the decorations gave of an elegant feel.

A smile on her face, Via walked in with Alecai.

For this occasion, she had gone with a simple outfit. At this point, Via understood her own style very well and was thus able to choose something that fit both her figure and personality.