So Dense

"How is it?"

"Oh I don't know. . . it's pretty mediocre."

"You don't mean that. Do you?"

In a light meadow illuminated by sunlight a couple sat together. 

The woman appeared with dark sleek hair and a fairly slender figure. The man had light hair brushed aside. 

Both were dressed simply, but professionally. 

While most typical couples in their dress and position would be having a picnic or reading in the sun, these two were leaning over what looked like a pair of thin, tinted sunglasses. 

At the present moment, the young woman gazed into the man's eyes questioningly. 

As she leaned close to him, waiting for him to answer, the young man swallowed thickly before turning his attention back to the pair of glasses. 

Holding the glasses up to his face he laughed lightly before offering the girl a charming smile. 

"Of course I don't mean it Via. The design is wonderful like always. How in the world did you replicate this meadow so precisely?"

Via only smiled in response. '

"It's a programmer's secret. If I told you, Cai, then it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it?"

Cai laughed before wrapping his arms around Via. 

"Alright, alright. Regardless of how you did it, this is wonderful. Now compared to your gift mine seems like nothing. You always come up with the best gift ideas. How am I supposed to measure up to th--"

Cai's smile quickly froze as Via leaned in to him, looking from his eyes to his lips. 

Watching her lean in, Cai was stuck in a moment of surprise. 

At this moment, seeing no rejection, Via leaned in and closed the distance between them by pressing her lips to his. 

Mm what is this taste? Cai wondered to himself. For some reason, Via's already soft lips were made more alluring with their peach scent. 

At last, the two pulled apart, smiling at each other. 

"Via, there's something I've been meaning to ask you."

"What is it?"

"I--"

. . . 

"Camp participants! Please line up to write down your themes."

Via was suddenly shook from her stupor as Molly nudged her shoulder. 

As the camp instructor gave examples of past themes, Via couldn't help but think of the dream she had the night before.

After being reborn, Via frequently had flashbacks from her past life. However, she rarely had dreams about this current life. 

I wonder what Cai was about to ask me?  Via thought to herself. 

Oh what am I thinking? It was a dream. And it's probably unlikely to happen since it wasn't based off of my past life. Plus how could I even dream of being in that kind of relationship with Cai? 

Pushing all thoughts of her dream into the back of her mind, Via followed Molly to the back of the line. 

When she reached the list, Via saw that all other participants opted for simple themes such as: love, friendship, summer, and youth.