Spiral

It turns out that her assumptions were correct. Molly and Via became quick friends after the opening party. Theradin was exactly how Via expected it to be. Bright, elegantly built, and academically cut-throat. What she didn't expect however was to fall for Gavin. At first, as she spent more and more time at Molly's house, she saw Gavin frequently and didn't think much of it.

However, Via became curious as he was always alone and only spent time with his friends at school. She found this strange, given the freedom his position gave him and how most other students at Theradin spent their time partying when they were not studying. Over time, she began to be exposed to this lonely side of the gentle-mannered boy and grew to admire him

Via wanted to be the one to expose this other side of him and have him look at her as more than his younger sister's friend.

As time passed, Via spent more and more time away from her family. On the days she did come home, her older brother, Maix, tried his best to stay in her life, asking her how school was and if there was anything he could do to help. However, she always pushed him away.

Her twin, Asa,  would try to help Via, preparing big meals for her with Maix whenever she came home, and staying up late to wait for her to come back. But she rarely ever did, and when she did it was only to get her things, never to see the brothers who loved her dearly. In the end, Maix lost his sister, and Asa lost his best friend.

Meanwhile, Via split her time between two things, trying to get closer to Gavin and pursuing a degree to impress Gavin.

After graduating from Theradin with the record-breaking honors, as second only to Gavin, she purposely registered for the same school as him. Everything she did after graduation was a result of her growing desire to be with him. As a naive young girl, Via had been captivated by his mysterious aura and kind personality. And so while all of her classmates were beginning their careers, she never moved on from the past, sticking to Gavin as if he was her lifeline.

This obsession, that Via didn't realize she had at the time, would be the end of her.