wait a minute! - alexxwill [2/2]

will took a deep breath, staring at his reflection in his phone screen. he had made his way back to alex's apartment, rain wet hair and another aster in his hand. he felt like an idiot as he struggled to hold his board in his other hand.

alex pulled the door open, staring at will lenney, water stained and blushing. alex knew who he was, fucking everyone did, which confused alex even more.

"alex, hey."

alex just stared at the male, looking at the flower in his hand.

"it was you! i put it in my mom's vase in the living room. it's really pretty..."

will nodded, sighing as he pushed his soaking hair back.

will rolled his eyes as alex giggled at his awkward body language, taking the flower and the wet boy inside his apartment.

"you can set your board anywhere, will. my mom's out for the day."

will watched as alex walked to his living room, placing the flower next to the one he put in the vase just an hour prior, heart fluttering. he didn't know why but he felt the strong need to hold alex close and protect him at all costs, it was weird. will nodded as he took off his shoes and soaking jacket, shaking his hair and sighing.

alex sat on his couch, patting the seat next to him for will. will took the seat and relaxed against the corduroy couch, taking in his surroundings. he felt at peace in alex's presence, humming along to the humming of the fan above them.

"will, why did you leave last time? are you embarrassed?"

will shook his head, smiling at alex's position, knees pulled to his chest as he struggled to push the messy hair out of his face. will reached over, pushing his hair back and leaning back against the couch.

"no...i just got scared, al-"

"of what, will?"

"of myself, my friends, family, love..."

will took a deep breath, staring at alex's fan as he leaned his head back against the backrest of the couch.

"...i don't want to hold onto someone who's going to hurt me, alex."

alex nodded, leaning his head on will's shoulder. he understood will but he also wouldn't hurt will, never.

"i'd never hurt you, will. give me a chance, please."

will wrapped his arms around alex, kissing his head, sighing.

"okay, alex."

alex smiles widely, kissing will's cheek as he rolled his eyes.