george - stephenxwill

will hummed as stephen pressed his head into his chest, smiling and giggling. both of their faces grew hot as george laughed at the two, taking the piss out of will and stephen's really close friendship. will looked at how they were sitting, squished together on a couch, will's thigh over stephen's as stephen gripped will's knee. he smiled as he felt stephen's hot face in his neck.

"oi! shut up, george!"

will yelled, smile on his face as his drunk mate raised his hands in mock defense. george just shrugged as he wrapped his arm around will, gripping his shoulder.

"i'm just messin' with you two! no harm in some fun, lads!"

stephen rolled his eyes, annoyed by the other male's words and actions. stephen didn't like the way george put his hands on will's shoulder or the way his eyes stayed connected to will's for long periods of time.

will was his best mate after all.

stephen buried his face in will's neck, leaving soft kisses on the pale skin, catching will's attention. will paused his conversation with george, squeezing stephen's thigh as a warning.

"stephen, please. i'm trying to talk to george."

will's tone was cold. it made stephen sad, jealous almost. he laid his head on will's shoulder, wrapping his arms around the boy's waist lazily. he watched as will's eyes went right back to george's soft blue ones. stephen used this time to study george's face.

george wasn't as beautiful as will, but he was close. his eyes were a mix of grey and blue, hair messy and brown, skin a milky white, and his laugh was contagious yet charming. stephen felt insecure, pulling his hoodie down over his body the best he could. he felt like he didn't stand a chance with someone like george in will's life.

the ginger unwrapped his arms from around will, announcing that he would be back. stephen walked to the balcony, sighing as the cool london air hit his flushed face. he messed with the strings of his shovel hoodie, sipping from his beer. he felt really unneeded right now. the love of his life was talking it up with one of the prettiest boys he'd ever seen. he felt pathetic, back facing the sliding glass door as he looked around at the street and car lights below.

god, he's probably gonna end up with george. will is absolutely perfect and deserves someone just as perfect, if possible. jesus christ, step-

stephen was torn from his thoughts as he heard the glass door sliding open, soft footsteps after it had closed. he closed his eyes, sighing once more.

"hey, will."

he knew it was will. he knew from how cautious the footsteps were. will was also so delicate with the ginger boy. stephen appreciated it at times like these.

"ste, why did you leave? are you alright?"

stephen's heart buzzed as the geordie's accent rang through his entire body, in love. stephen watched as will leaned on the balcony next to him, haze in his eyes as a cigarette laid between his fingers. will offered it to the other male, pulling it back to his lips as the other refused the offer.

"i'm fine, will."

"ste..."

it's now or never stephen thought. he looked at the beautiful male next to him, concern for the ginger full in his eyes. stephen felt his heart melt, he was so in love.

stephen tore his eyes from will's, cowardly. he gripped the pipe that ran through the brick walls, tracing the rust with his fingers. he was looking for a way to distract himself from the other male's beautiful gaze.

"i think i'm in love with you, will. i've been in love with you since the beginning of our friendship, i swear. you're the only person i can see myself being truly happy with and i'm sorry i left you earlier, you were talking to george and you guys are so close and i felt so bad about myself."

stephen looked at will, gaze worried and soft. he watched as will opened his mouth to talk, closing it immediately. he truly didn't know what to say. he was beyond stunned by the ginger's outburst.

"stephen-"

"i'm so sorry, will. i've fucked everything up!"

stephen looked at his vans, beginning to cry, feeling vulnerable and pathetic in will's presence. god, he really didn't stand a chance for will's love. he wiped the tears off his flushed face, whimpering.

will put out his cigarette, pulling the boy close to him, kissing the top of his head. will rubbed his back as his best mate cried into him, body shaking and lungs gasping for air. will frowned as stephen bawled, he felt absolutely terrible. he wanted to take the pain away, failing to.

"shhhh, you're okay, ste."

will made stephen look his him, frowning at the boy's saddened expression. he was in so much pain. will wiped the tears off his mate's face, humming. his heart broke as stephen's sniffled.

"i love you so much, ste. please don't cry."

stephen messily wiped his eyes, frowning. he felt embarrassed for crying in front of will, he had never cried this hard in front of anyone. he was grateful it was will.

will felt how awkward the air grew between them after stephen's sobs stopped. he panicked, grabbing stephen and pulling him into him tightly. stephen smiled into the tight hug, takings in will's scent of cheap cologne.

"thank you, will."

"i love you too, ste."