Love at first measure (part 3)

That night when you left the set and caught Mena every now and then, you smiled to yourself. He was very attractive and having interest in you made him a lot more appealing.
Naomi usually hangs out a lot with him which worried you think he and her had a thing.

Your crew and you discussed any costume designs throughout the day as you wrote them down.

The day was exhausting but it was just the beginning. You arrived back onto your house wanting nothing else but to throw on your pajamas and eat cereal like a little kid.

5 weeks later

"You should come, Y/n," Naomi shouts from the other room making you jump a bit, your fingers messing with a fabric string adding it to a very peculiar hat, you designed yourself.

Naomi's heels clicking on the wooden floor making her way to you.

"Everyone will be there, you can't just be in here tying knots and cutting fabric. You need to have fun." She sits down on your bed.

"My job is fun, I get to mess around with costumes." You whisper as your touch is delicate making sure every string is on the right place.

"Will and Mena will be there, my Jordan is coming too." She seemed upset that maybe you were actually going to stay home.

You heard his name in her sentence making your whole stomach drop to your ass. Mena.

You kinda really want to talk to him since it's only been some days or times you have actually had a full-on conversation and you aren't the type of person to text first.

You remember when you got his number and started following you on Instagram. It wasn't like you exchange numbers just the two of you.

Will and Naomi decided to do a group chat so every now and then you would text in a group but not a private message.

You shake off your thoughts finding another excuse to not go.

"I don't have a dress to wear, Nay." You reply back almost finished with the orange hat.

"We can find you something," Naomi desperate and upset wanting you to come.

"I am sorry Nay, just go out and enjoy the party. It's fine." You stop working and start looking at her.

"But I wanted you to come," She pushed her bottom lip forward like a sad little kid.

"I believe Jordan is enough company, I mean he is your husband." You raise your eyebrow making her laugh.

"Fine then," Naomi says as her shoulders relax.

"Call me if you change your mind." She tells you as she walks through the hallway following after her.

She grabs her purse quickly, leaning in to kiss your cheeks like your mom.

You say your goodbyes feeling a weird vibe from Naomi, how quickly she left.

30 minutes later

T

he sound of the doorbell makes your head think of who could possibly be knocking at your door at 11:00 pm especially since all your friends and coworkers were at the party.

A thought came over you thinking about Naomi but it went away quickly. Your hand turning the knob exposing Mena's eyes on you.

You choked seeing the attractive Mena in front of your door.

"Meena..." You awkwardly say as he smiles at you confused.

"Why are you not at the party?" He tells you as you scratch your head trying to make up an excuse.

"I, um, I am not...I am not a party person." You shut one eye, cringing on how stupid that excuse was.

"Oh come on!" His voice laced with a sarcastic giggle.

"I don't have anything nice to wear!" Your voice says as he steps a bit closer to you.

"You'll look good in anything." He was really good at making you blush, the way his words fell out of his mouth so smoothly and fluent was what made him so charming.

"Why are you here?" You take a step backward letting him in as he places his hand on his chest.

"I am offended." He says in a joking tone making you giggle.

You stop waiting for him to answer you.

"Because I leave no friend behind."

(Ouch! You felt that. Friend. )

"It's a party, not a war zone." You say back a bit hurt.

"Let's go!" He takes your hands basically begging in you, you couldn't resist him even without begging, he was too much.

"Fine!" You remove your hands from him, dragging your feet to walk.

Outfit:

Small but important chapter

Small but important chapter. :) ❤