~ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔖𝔦𝔵 ~

___________________________♣♣♣_____________________________
The day of saying farewell has come. Sofya was completely quiet while Myrtle was doing her hair and helping her to get in her beautiful dress. Sofya knew it was the last time.
"I want you to come back South", she informed her servant after she was done.
"M-my lady?", Myrtle asked surprised.
"I've been talking to Lord Eddard already. Benygne will be my servant here in Winterfell"
Benygne was a girl from the North who has been born and raised in Sofya's new family's castle.
"If that's what Lord Stark wishes...", Myrtle looked down.
"It was my decision", Sofya claimed, "Don't worry, it's not about you. In fact, you've been like a friend to me... I want you to serve Lady Sansa Stark in the King's Landing. Can I trust you on that? She needs protection and guidance from someone like you. I doubt that Queen Cersei will take care of her", Sofya almost whispered. Sometimes she was paranoid that Lannisters were spying on her all of their time.
"Of course, my lady", Myrtle smiled a little, "I'll be as good to her as I have been to you"
"Good"
"Can Benygne do your hair like me, my lady?", Myrtle sounded worried.
It made Sofya chuckle that her servant cared so much for her looks. It was lovely.
"No, she's from Winterfell"
"You should have told me earlier, I'd teach her"
"It doesn't matter, Myrtle. You're going to do Lady Sansa's hair now"
"Sure thing"
"If...", Sofya hestitated, "If something bad happens. Something crazy or something alarming. Let me know, please. Send me a raven when something will be wrong"
"They're reading our ravens, my lady"
"I know. Send me greetings from capitol from you and Lady Sansa and I'll know something's wrong, alright?"
"Alright"
Sofya smiled to herself and hugged her servant tightly. She was going to miss her but she kind of liked the independent person she was going to become soon.
___________________________♣♣♣_____________________________
"Aunt Sofya", Joffrey approached Sofya and gave her a big smile. Robb, who was standing next to his wife, squinted his eyes at the young prince. He still wasn't sure if it was a right decision for his sister to marry him.
"Joffrey, my dear", Sofya hugged him, "Be good to Lady Sansa, can you promise me that?"
"Of course", Joffrey snorted although Sofya noticed emptiness in his eyes. The emptiness was showing more and more each day and it was terrifying her. He still was her nephew, though, she cared for him.
King Robert started a conversation with Robb and Joffrey handed his aunt a small dagger. He didn't want her husband to see.
"What... What is that?", Sofya gasped quietly.
"Valyrian steel. A doe surrounded by the wolves should be careful", Joffrey told her, "It was a gift from my grandfather to my grandmother. Now I am handing it to you"
Sofya took it with awe. She couldn't believe that Joffrey gave her Joanna Lannister's dagger. It was beautiful and had a golden lion's head on its handle. She hid it inside of her dress quickly before Robb could notice. She nodded her head at Joffrey as he moved forward to say farewell to another member of Stark family.
"You're gonna catch a cold in such dresses. The winter is coming", now it was Robert's time to say goodbye to his dear sister. She smiled a little at him.
"Come on, I'll be fine", she rolled her eyes and hugged her brother, "Although I won't ever forgive you leaving me here", she whispered into his ear.
When he looked at her face again, he was sad.
"Of course I'd like to keep you in the palace forever and spoil you till the rest of your life. But that would be even worse for you, my Doe. Next time we see each other you will be a proud Lady Stark, I am sure of that"
"You wish", she laughed.
Cersei approached them with her younger children. Myrcella and Tommen hugged Sofya tightly and she kissed their foreheads, trying not to cry.
"Send me ravens, alright?", she sniffed.
"Of course. You send us ravens as well!", Myrcella's voice was shaky.
"It's time for Stark family to spend last moments with each other", Ned stated as Robb, Arya, Sansa and Rickon left the chamber. Lady Catelyn was sitting with Bran all of her time.
Sofya looked down for a while but she decided to follow her husband which surprised everyone. She didn't want to offend Baratheons and Lannisters but she wanted to speak with Sansa and Arya.
Robb raised his eyebrows when he heard his wife walking behind him. He turned his head around.
"What?", she asked rudely.
"What are you doing?"
Lord Stark turned around and sighed while shaking his head slightly.
"Robb, we should have a talk before I leave. Let's leave ladies and Rickon alone for now"
Robb wasn't happy with that but went with his father, leaving his siblings and wife.
Rickon was hugging Sansa, he didn't want his sister to go.
"Arya", Sofya started, looking at the younger girl. She looked sad and lost, "Smile a little. You're going to come back here one day so no worries", Sofya hugged her sister-in-law, "I have a gift for you"
Arya wasn't excited about it. What could a princess give to her? A dress? Earrings? Arya wasn't interested in any of them.
Sofya handed her a book that she was carrying with herself all day through, waiting for a perfect occasion to give it to her sister-in-law.
"These are the tales about women from Westeros that were fighters and conquerors. Very inspiring stories. I loved them when I was a child. My mother got them for me", Sofya confessed.
Arya's eyes lightened up as Sansa looked at her with jealousy. Both Stark sisters were aware of the fact that Sofya didn't remember her mother much and giving away a gift from her had to cost her a lot. Sansa wished for a gift from her beloved sister-in-law as well.
"That's... That's too much", Arya blushed.
"No. I trust you won't lose it and take a good care of the book so one day you're going to give it to my daughter and make Robb roll his eyes, then you'll explain it used to be mine so he's going to make this funny face he's always making when I annoy him", Sofya tried to cheer Arya up. The youngest Stark girl giggled.
"Thank you, Sofya. I promise your daughter will have the book back"
"Lady Sansa", Sofya smiled at the older one, "Or should I call you My Queen already?"
They both laughed while Sansa blushed. Arya shook her head and rolled her eyes.
"I have something for you as well", Sofya unclasped her necklace and gave it to her sister-in-law. She made wide eyes at the very beautiful and expensive gift, "You're going to marry a Baratheon, you will probably keep your Stark surname but still, our houses will be even stronger in union. I hope me and Robb are going to attend your wedding but if not... Let me give it to you now. It's a stag made of topaz. It belonged to Rhaelle Targaryen, my grandmother"
Sansa almost cried, she felt so grateful as she took the necklace carefully.
"Let me clasp it", Sofya helped Sansa to wear it and smiled at her.
"But... But...", Sansa tried to find perfect words.
"Don't worry. I have lots of jewelry after her and it's not the only stag  in my collection so it's not a big deal, really", Sofya smiled a little, "I still have necklaces to annoy Robb with"
"Good", Sansa smiled, "Thank you so much", Sansa hugged her tightly.
"But that's not everything. I'm sending Myrtle back to the King's Landing. She's going to be your servant now and do your hair up and help you with everything. You can trust her with your own life", Sofya gave her a serious look.
"Thank you so much, you're too good to me", Sansa blushed looking down.
"Bullshit", Sofya cursed making Arya snort and Sansa gasp, "We are family now"
Sofya really meant that. Sansa was one of the few good things about being married to Robb.
Lord Eddard and his son came back to the chamber. Robb looked quite scared and annoyed after talking to his father.
"Father, look what Lady Sofya gave me", Sansa showed him a necklace, "And she's sending her servant away with me. Myrtle will be taking care of me in The Red Keep"
Lord Stark looked at his daughter-in-law and smiled a little.
"Myrtle is trustworthy and she knows even more about the capitol than me. She's going to be Sansa's friend"
"Thank you, my lady. But the necklace... It's too much", Ned stated.
"It looks expensive", Robb muttered.
"It doesn't matter, really", Sofya shrugged her arms.
"It belonged to her grandmother, Rhaelle Targaryen", Arya added and Sofya gave her a stern look.
"We cannot accept such gift", Ned said and Sansa looked down. She didn't want to give the necklace back.
"Sansa's my sister now. I have other necklaces", Sofya laughed nervously.
People in the North were really poor comparing to the rest of Westeros, even the noble ones. Lord Stark looked surprised that she had more of necklaces like that.
"Thank you then", Ned bowed his head a little.
"Lord Stark, come on, no need to treat me like that", Sofya smiled at him and hugged him shyly, "I am more than glad that you became my brother's Hand. He needs a man like you in the King's Landing. You are trustworthy and loyal"
"I'm going to see Jon before he leaves", Robb informed them and turned around.
"Wait... Can I join you?", Sofya asked biting her lip.
Her husband looked at his father, sighed and nodded his head. Sofya smiled for the last time at Lord Stark and followed her husband.
When they entered the courtyard, Tyrion approached them.
"Lord Stark, my lady", he started, "Sofya, I'm going to see The Wall"
"Really? How nice! You've always wanted to see it", she smiled at him.
"I've always wanted to take a piss from there", he laughed as Robb made disgusted face.
"Good luck with that", Sofya laughed at Tyrion.
"So we're going to see each other again soon, when I'll be coming back", he informed.
"Indeed", she smiled widely. That sounded like good news.
"But I want to give it to you now", he handed her a small package.
"Thank you, what's that?"
"Open it", Tyrion smiled and she did. Robb was squinting his eyes at him. He didn't trust anyone with the Lannister surname.
It was a ring. Big and beautifuly made,  with the sigils of House Stark and Baratheon. Sofya didn't know what to say. It was wonderful and she wanted to thank Tyrion, but at the same time it made her feel uncomfortable. It was no secret that she wasn't happy with the union between her and her husband.
"It's... Nice. Thank you, Tyrion", she smiled softly and wore the ring to show him that she likes it.
"Pretty. Thank you, Lord Tyrion", Robb added politely.
"No problem, son. I just hope to see her pregnant when I'll be coming back from The Wall", Tyrion winked and walked away.
"Um...", Sofya decided to break the awkward silence, "He's been always like that. He loves making people feel uncomfortable. But he's the best Lannister I know"
"I see Jon over there", Robb pretended he didn't hear his wife and pointed at his half-brother. They approached Ned Stark's bastard who was preparing his horse for the journey.
"Did you say goodbye to Bran? He's not going to die, I know it", Robb started.
"You Starks are hard to kill", Jon admitted.
"And... my mother?", Robb asked carefully.
"She was very kind", Jon answered but both Robb and his wife could see that he was lying.
"Good. Next time I see you, you'll be all in black", Robb tried to joke.
"It was always my colour", Jon shrugged his arms with a smile.
"Farewell, Snow"
"And you, Stark. Both of you Starks", Jon looked at Sofya. She looked like she was about to cry.
"Farewell, Jon", she exclaimed and hugged him while sniffing.
Robb hugged his brother right after. They watched him get on his horse and Sofya waved at him for the last time.
"I liked him", she admitted to Robb.
"Good to know that you are able to like something or someone", he commented before he walked away.
He stopped himself, though. He remembered what his father had told him about the marriages not more than fifteen minutes earlier. Robb turned around to apologize to his wife but she was gone already. He looked around and saw her dress disappearing behind the corner. Grey Wind was following her as always. He sighed but decided to check on Bran instead.
___________________________♣♣♣_____________________________
Sofya was brushing her hair before going to sleep. She didn't leave the chamber since her family had left in the morning. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying. The ring, that was Tyrion's gift, was laying in front of her on the dressing table, next to the wooden doe made by Shireen.
"They told me you are not leaving the chambers", Robb started opening the door. Sofya sighed. She didn't want to spend time with him, "I was taking care of Rickon but he was asking about you"
"I'm sorry, I'm going to look after him tomorrow", she mumbled and sniffed.
Robb was aware of the fact she had to be crying all day out of sadness. He couldn't imagine himself being left all alone in a foreign land. He already felt like crying thinking of his sisters, father and half-brother being away.
"About earlier...", he started shyly, "I shouldn't have said that"
Sofya turned around in her seat. She couldn't believe her ears while his heart squeezed a little in his chest seeing her being such a mess. She was his wife, no matter if he liked it or not, and seeing her in such state was not making him happy. His job was to protect her.
"I'm not the person you think I am", she started, "I know I am cold and distant and I act inappropriately in your eyes. But you can't call me heartless, Robb. You just can't", her voice broke.
"I didn't mean to... Listen, I know we're not a perfect match but I want to assure you that you have nothing to be afraid of. No one's going to hurt you in Winterfell and you need to start calling it home, you're going to run it one day"
Sofya nodded and looked down.
"Now come, it's late already", Robb said laying on the bed.
She stood up and joined him to do her marital duties. She was trying to convince her husband that she wasn't heartless but in reality she felt empty and emotionless that  day and night. She hoped it wouldn't stay forever - she missed her family already but she really hoped that Robb was right and she was going to call Winterfell home one day. Not because she started to love the place but because everyone need to have a place that they can call home.
___________________________♣♣♣_____________________________