Chapter 43

I've had a long ass day at work, customers asking dumb shit. But I'm still in a good mood today, when I clocked out my phone rang from my pocket. I fished it out and answered the call, "When you get home wear what's in the bag, there should be a black SUV there to pick you up at around 9:45 so be ready." I smiled "Alright, bye August." Alex walked in and mocked me "alright, bye August." I laughed "look now, I ain't did a damn thing to you nor y'all salted ass females, I'm tired of y'all coming at me so if you want it come get it mama." She looked at me shocked that I even stooped to her level. I smirked and swiped my hand across her chin slightly and walked away. I hate stunting on girls but if they just going to be salty then I have to give em a reason to.

I reached the parking lot and I got inside my car and my phone rang. It was a unknown number so I just amswered.

Phone Conversation:

"What is it now August?" "August? So that's his name?" I heard the voice while I put my purse in the back seat and I stopped dead in my tracks. "How'd you get my number?" I panicked "oh just a friend told me, but hey, I'm one step closer to you."

I hung up and my phone rang again, I quickly answered "what do you want?!" "Don't talk to your mother like that!" I sighed "sorry mom, someone called my phone and i thought it was them calling when it was you." My mom sighed loudly "don't stress yourself ok? I know how you get when you're stressed, plus you just got out of a coma for god sake, take it easy." I put my head back on the head rest looking at the ceiling, "Okay ma, I will stop stressing." "That's what I like to hear, now when am I going to get some grand babies?" I laughed a little "no time soon." She sighed "alright baby, well I don't want to hold you up so call me tomorrow." "Yes ma, I'll call you tonight or tomorrow.. I love you." My mama sucked her teeth then laughed "I love you more Sid. Talk to you later." I hung up and started the engine, I had less than two hours to get ready.

20 minutes later*

I unlocked the house door and quickly went into the bathroom to start the shower. After I finished everything I brushed my teeth and all the regulars then looked on the bed to see a bag with a note.

Sid, Kendrick is in the car outside. Be ready by 9:30, I have a surprise before we go to the club. So be on time ma, see you soon.

- a real nigga, August.

I laughed at the signature and looked into the bag and it took my breath away. "Oh my god!" I said smiling really hard. It was the red dress I wanted a while ago, how did he know? I slipped it on and It looked so good on me. I let my hair down from the messy bun and my hair was curly, I always had long hair, probably because of my mama. I smirked at how I looked then got my bags ready so I could leave.

I walked outside and locked the door and headed towards the black SUV. Only to see Kendrick waiting, "Hello Ms.Harris, Mr.Alsina wanted me here to take you to your destination." He shook my hand and opened the door for me. "Thank you." He nodded and shut the door.

------------------------------------------

7 more chapters and a epilogue coming up next 🐼