Chapter 21

"I forgive you August." Everyone cheered and clapped, August reached over for a peck and I kissed him.

I didn't plan on forgive him this early, I felt obligated to. But it's whatever, I know one thing. I want to talk to this Tayja girl, as August and I finished ordering our food I began a new conversation. "So where's this Tayja girl?" He looked at me confused, "we back on this ma?" "I will never forget this." He nodded and rubbed his chin "true? but can we talk about that shit another time?" I sighed "yeah whatever."

As we finished up our dinner I stood up getting my bag. "What's the rush?" I turned my head towards August "nothing, I'm tired." He stood up and nodded "aight, let's go home." I walked out behind him and got inside the car in deep thought.
------------------------------------------

As we walked inside the house I threw my stuff on the couch and walked upstairs. August closed the front door confused, "what the fuck Sidnei?" I could hear his footsteps behind me as he questioned me. "Sidnei!" He grabbed my arms and turned me around "what the fuck is up with you?" I looked at him deep in his eyes.. "Do you really think all of that was going to win my heart over what you did? You still fucked her, that shit is beyond hurtful." I looked down ready for what he had to say. "Baby, it ain't like that... I know it's going to take time and shit for you to forgive a nigga, but damn give me credit for trying." He grabbed my chin making me look up at him. I sat there in silence and tried to walk away but his grip of my hand pulled me back. "Can you let go?" I said as I rolled my eyes. "Come here." He said while opening his arms. I walked into his arms and laid my head on his chest, "I don't know what to do." "Ma look, let's talk about all this shit. A nigga don't be meaning to hurt you..." I looked up at him and nodded "fine."

He let go of me and I pulled his arms motioning him to follow me into my room. I crawled in bed and he sat on the edge. "Could you please lay beside me as I'm speaking? I don't want your back faced to me." He chuckled "aight fine" he slipped his shoes off and crawled beside me. "What's the deal?" He said while climbing under the covers. "Its a lot August... Katherine wanted me to just go ahead and forgive you." He nodded. "But I did it because we aren't really together.... I just felt like all these days with you were like crazy, relationship type." He turned to me, "ma, we are together, I don't care what others think we together even when we not. If you don't forgive me then fuck it, I'm going to do what it takes to make you forgive me." I sat there and thought in silence. "let me ask you this?" August turned to me "go ahead and ask August." he sighed "do you forgive me?" I turned to him and turned back to the ceiling and thought to myself. "Is that a no?" I continued to stare at the ceiling stuck inbetween yes or no, I wanted to forgive him but by the time I was about to say yes, He sighed and walked out of bed and closed the door. What the fuck did I do?

I began to tear up silently and think to myself, do he really deserve another chance? I know he been trying but this shit is too much for me. I got up and opened the door, I heard the living room tv. I guess he needs his space from me, I climbed back in bed and dozed off.