Chapter 20

I began singing to myself in the car to a beat that Najee showed me.

Girl I know that sometimes I mistreat ya

And you still come back

And I see your home girl tryna reach ya

But you ain't hearing none of that.

I stopped mid way of the first verse because my mind became blank. I re-sung the beginning and I started tuning how it should be sung while I began starting the engine and leaving the house. I need to make sure I call Najee for this shit, I'm feeling this.

Sidnei POV

August just left the driveway, now I have a chance to think and chill without being bothered. I walked over to the living room chairs and sat down and watched a few movies. I called Katherine (my real mother) to get some advice.

"Hey ma." I said while smiling. "Hey Sid." I sat there and got comfortable for a long talk. "I need advice ma, boy advice." I said while rubbing through my hair. "What's the matter?" I heard her voice turn into concern. I swallowed and spilled everything. "So.. August Alsina... You know him?" I heard her debating whether or not she did. "I think I heard of him, why?" "Well, I'm kinda dating him... and I lost my virginity to him a few days ago." My mom sighed "Sidnei... Continue." I nodded and took a deep breath. "So everything was fine until he left for tour, he bought me a car long story as to why, but a day or so later I guess he dialed me without knowing because I could hear him conversating with a girl named Tayja." My mom laughed at the dialing part "he butt dialed you?" She said while laughing. "Maybe so." I said while giggling. "But lets finish..." I continued the story. "He basically slept with her and I heard every bit of it." My mother gasped. "No.... Way." "Yes way, I don't know what to do..." My mother sighed and began her speech.

"Sidnei, since you said you were kinda dating, it's like you guys don't know what the relationship is. It isn't clarified as to if you guys are together or you know. So I say, since he has had relations with another female during you two then its like you aren't together, but you are." I stopped her "so like you're saying we're basically talking?" I rubbed my temples as I waited for an answer "Yes, give him another chance, see what Mr.August have to offer for you." I nodded and stood up to pace the room. "Okay ma.. I'm trusting you on this one." "Mama knows best." I smiled and laughed "I'll check up on you tomorrow Sidnei." "Ok mama, talk to you soon." I hung up and began to think how to make this work.

As I was in the kitchen grabbing a bottled water I heard my phone ring on the couch. I ran and slid through the living room and grabbed my phone and answered it. "Hello?" I said while catching my breath. "Get dressed, we going out tonight." I rolled my eyes at who it was. "Whatever." I hung up and went upstairs to get dressed.

1 hour later*

"Hurry up ma." I continued to put my shoes on and went downstairs. "You happy now? Let's go." I said demanding him to go. As I hopped in the car, August got in and looked at me. "You look... good." I pushed him by his shoulders and turned around. "Where are we going?" he smirked at me as he pulled out the driveway. "A restaurant." I nodded and enjoyed the ride there.

15 minutes later-

"Welcome to Cćuni Grill, do you have a reservation sir?" I turned to August as he spoke back "yea, Alsina." The security looked down at the reservation list and checked. "Ah, Alsina, welcome. Follow this hostess to your area." August nodded and followed & so did I. The hostess sat us down and handed us menus. As I was reading the menu August voice interrupted me, "So...?" I looked up and sighed. "What is it?" "You ain't been talking to me like that, you still mad?" I placed my hand on my chin. "Why shouldn't I be? Give me one good reason." Silence filled the area. "Exactly." I said while picking up my menu and reading. August pulled out his phone and called someone. "She ready." He smiled and hung up, "who was that?" I said while staring at him. I heard people clapping behind me so I turned around and saw men coming in with loads of my favorite flowers, candy and a couple bags. "What the hell..." I said surprised. "This is for you ma, I been wanting to apologize... But I ain't have no way how. So i just thought if simple shit, aight? I'm sorry." I inhaled and took in everything that just happened, I thought about what Katherine told me, and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us waiting on my answer. I took a deep breath and spoke.