Chapter 3

The Next Friday 😼

I heard a knock on the door so I sat up and paused my tv show. I walked slowly towards the door and peeped through the peep hole, "who is it?" my tippy toes were starting to ache due to no answer and standing there. I opened the door and my eyebrows tensioned up when I realized who it was.

"bitchhhh why you ain't answer when I asked you who was it?"

"girl I don't know, i just wanted to mess with you" said derrick as he was sipping some juice.

Derrick was my gay best friend, he knew how to do shit better than me majority of the time. I led Derrick in my room and told him to take of his shoes, he sat down in my bed and started asking stuff.

"So how you been girl? What's up?" "Everything is fine, been working my little behind off and tomorrow I'm going to a concert." Derrick looked at me like I was crazy and said "uh oh, the bat is coming out the cave, bout time." I laughed and rolled my eyes "whatever D" "so who's concert is it?" I began to have butterflies and said "August..... August Alsina" Derrick became wide eyed and nearly spat out his drink. "The tall light skin one? The one you use to know?" I nodded. "Girl you better scoop him, no joking." I sat there In deep thought for three minutes and Derrick broke the silence.

"girlll, ju really thinkin' bout goin' to that concert?" "Um, yeah, I wanna have a good time and besides I promised Le'a that I'd go with her." Derricks gave me a side eye and said "are you sure thats the reason? Not because you wanna meet him or anything?" I became anxious and put my hand under my chin. "hmm, maybe" i said as I winked. Derrick bust out laughing and so did I. Derrick always could get the truth out of me. After A few hours of talking I was beginning to get tired, so I called it a night.

3 A.M.

I jumped out of my sleep due to a loud noise under my pillow. "ugggghh" i said as I moved to pick up my phone. "Monica? what could she want at 3 in the morning?" .. I tapped the answer icon and put my phone to my ear. "Hello? Monica?" I said while wiping my eyes. "Hey um Sidnei, I was wondering if you could come into work at 5, Its a sale here beginning at 6:30 through 5." I sat there and contemplated on whether or not should I go. "Yeah Monica I'll be there." I hated my self for saying yes but I needed to stack my cash so after school I'll be stable enough to get my dream job." I hopped out of bed and looked in my closet to see what was 'appropriate' to wear. I picked a deep red crop top, black ripped boyfriend jeans and some flip flops. I jumped in the shower for a good 30 minutes and dried off, I walked out and threw everything on and started on my hair. I decided not to wear make up today because I look good with or without it, I combed my hair up into a ponytail and pinned it to make sure it stayed. As I was putting in the last pin, I checked to see the time and it was 4:03, I hurried and did all the other necessities and grabbed my bag and keys. I Locked the door and hopped in the car and began driving to my job. While in my car they played my song once again and I sung along like it won't nothing. "So ima keep fucking cause she love this....." I stopped dead in my tracks because I felt my phone buzzing and it was my alarm telling me go hurry up. I nodded my head to the beats of songs as I was finally pulling up to my job, I checked the time and I was 10 minutes early. I ran into the mall and hurried into Victoria's Secret. Yes I do work there, I enjoy helping with bras and panties, I know all the girl codes when it comes to cleavage. 💁 Monica greeted me as she unlocked the gates and let me in. "Thanks for coming, I really need help preparing and marking down everything" I chuckled and said "its fine Monica, I could use the extra cash anyways. Is anyone else coming to help or is it you and I?" I said while lifting a brow. "Well um... Alex is coming" I rolled my eyes and walked away. I truly hated that she even worked with me, better yet I hate she got accepted into the same college as me. I took off my bag and sat it in the break room lockers and began to mark down stuff. "Hey Monica" Alex said acting all angelic, Monica waved and told her to begin marking stuff down. She walked past me to the break room but I stopped her and said "You can't say hey to your co-worker?" She looked at me and chuckled. "stupid bitch" i mumbled and continued to mark stuff now. I'm just ready for this concert to take my mind off everything.

---------------------------------- slow start I know I know, Getting in some new characters 😊

how do you feel about Alex?

Le'a in the media 💁