Chapter 36

After August and I ate, Najee was dapping August up and decided to leave. "Aight, bye Sidnei." He said while walking towards me and hugging me "Good to see you doing well by the way." He said while still hugging me and talking in my ear. I nodded and released from the hug. August closed the door and followed me into the living room. "Can we talk about this situation?" He said while looking at me.

I turned to him and rolled my eyes, "what did I tell you about that?" August said while getting comfortable on the couch. "Ugh, I don't really care." He looked at me and was surprised at my attitude. "Do you really want this nigga to get away with beating on you?" I sat there thinking about it, the situation replaying in my mind. I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes, this is killing me in the inside to be honest.

"Calm down girl, but let's make this clear as day, if that nigga lay his hands on you, talk to you, fuck with you, anything like that, call that nigga dead." I sat there ignoring the fact that he's protecting me. He stood up and went behind the couch and massaged my shoulders. "Calm down." He said while whispering in my ear making chills go down my back. I took a deep breath, and felt relieved soon after. August sat beside me and laid his head on my lap with his eyes closed. "August?" I said while my fist was to my cheek and my eyes were closed. "hm?" I sighed, "Thanks.... for everything..." He nodded "no need to thank me ma, i do this shit because I care."

I smiled and watched tv until August was asleep on my lap. I was playing in his hair while he was sleeping, and I sung in his ears.

"I promise you that I, will give up my time and everything for you.

I promise that I, will never let you go, there's nothing I won't do...

To spend my life with you."

August was still sound asleep, I kissed his cheek and I felt his head turning. I smiled at the fact that his hand was behind my head trying to make me give him a kiss. "Nooo." I said playfully, I bent down and gave him a slow kiss. Our lips parted and he smiled "There." I said while watching him rise off my lap. "I'm about to shower" he said as he was getting up from the couch and pecking me before he left.