First Word

Carl and Hannah sat on the floor in the living room of the Milkovich house. Zegan happily sat in front of them clipping his hands together. "Come on baby say, mama," Hannah said eager to get Zegan to say it.

"No say, dad," Carl said. Hannah pushed him.

     "Fuck off he's gonna say, mama."

     "What are you guys doing?" Mickey walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Carl rubbed his arm.

     "Trying to get Zegan to say his first word."

     "His first word is gonna be Mickey his favorite uncle," Mickey said looking down at the happy one-year-old. Ian walked into the room and sat by Mickey.

     "You're funny I'm his favorite uncle say, Ian." Zegan looked at Mickey his blue orbs staring into Mickey's. Zegan's lips curled into a perfect smile showing off his tiny little baby teeth.

     "MICKEY MOUSE!" Zegan giggled. Mickey's smile turned into a frown. Hannah, Carl, and Ian couldn't control their laughter. Mickey sat back on the couch.

     "Ok shut the fuck up he said it it's over." They still wouldn't stop laughing.

     "He called you Mickey Mouse." Ian tried to say through laughter. Mickey flipped him off. But he smiled at least Mickey was his first word. Hannah fell over laughing. Zegan crawled over on to her stomach.

     "Mama." Hannah stopped laughing, grabbed on to Zegan, and sat up.

     "Guys shut the fuck up he said, mama."

     "The fuck he didn't," Ian said wiping tears from his eyes. Hannah stood up with Zegan in her arms.

     "Yes he did."

     "He might of but his first word was Mickey," Mickey said smiling.

     "Shut up," Hannah said then kissed Zegan's cheek. Zegan smiled.

     "MICKEY MOUSE!"