𝑽

DUE TO JOOHEON'S presence taking over Changkyun's former bedroom, Wonho ordered the younger to start sleeping in the same room as him; to keep them separated from each other.

It isn't because Changkyun lost his room forever, but because Jooheon's there.

"Wonho-Hyung, I don't mind sleeping in my former room," Changkyun informs as he clutches his pillow close to his chest. "As long as he doesn't snore loudly, I should be fine."

Wonho, who completes creating a bed made out of thick blankets for Changkyun, glances at him with a solemn look. The younger gulps slightly and attempts to avoid eye contact with his older brother.

Wonho rests his hands on his sides and earnestly establishes, "I told you that I don't want him near you. We don't know him well. He might betray us throughout our lives. Or, worse, he might be a Militia spy. The faster he recuperates, the better."

"But, Wonho-Hyung. He told me he doesn't want to be part of the Militia. He ran away. Don't you think that proves it? He even had the uniform on and everything. We just bumped him with our car by accident. . ." Changkyun steadily trails off as he proceeds to ponder about Jooheon.

It's true, he believes he was running away from the Militia, but why does Jooheon want to go back? Is it solely just to gather the information that he does not remember about himself? Or is there something else?

Wonho glances away and, with a deep sigh, responds, "Just sleep here tonight alongside me, Changkyun. We'll talk more in the morning, okay?" Changkyun silently agrees and makes his way to his blanket-made bed.

Wonho lays down on his own cot, his muscular body almost taking up most of the space. When Changkyun lays down, he peers away from Wonho's sight and gazes down at the dusty wooden floor-boards.

"When was the last time we even cleaned our rooms? This house is getting really dusty. Not that it matters, we don't even have time to clean."

"I figured we have to go get more food. We're almost running out."

Shownu closes the cabinets along with the door of the refrigerator. He turns to the rest of the team, who stand behind the kitchen island with curious gazes. With one finger raised up, Shownu orders, "I'll just send two of you to get us food."

"I can't go, Hyung," Hyungwon directly speaks up with an apologetic look. "I was going to go with Minhyuk and Wonho to scout the area for any Militia's nearby."

Shownu sighs and nods his head with a hum. "Don't worry, Hyungwon, I'll just go with Kihyun to retrieve the food."

"I'll do it."

The relevant booming voice captures Changkyun's attention. Looking over his shoulder, the younger pinpoints Jooheon's figure standing idly by the foot of the stairs. The said name has appeared to grab hold of a black-colored hoodie-- to hide his profile from being a former Militia. Jooheon sneaks a glance towards Changkyun and emerges with a warm smile.

"You don't have to trouble yourself with it," Shownu informs, his hand massaging his nape.

Jooheon shakes his head and approaches the six of them. "I want to volunteer to get the food. I'm sure there is a local supermarket nearby, right? Besides, I feel bad for taking Kyunni's room already, and by bugging the six of you. Let me at least take care of it."

"Kyunni?" Wonho silently queries as he shoots a glare towards Changkyun's direction.

Changkyun gulps the lump in his throat and answers, "He said my name was too long to pronounce, so he's going to call me Kyunni. . ." He stiffly rubs his left arm.

Wonho groans deeply, and nods his head, glimpsing at Jooheon. "Okay, then you can go and retrieve the groceries. Shownu and Kihyun can stay behind to take care of Changkyun."

"I'm not little. . ." Changkyun comments, annoyance filling his tone.

Wonho peeks back at his little brother and orders him to abide by his demands.

Jooheon emerges with a chuckle that startles and captures the attention of the six of them. "Listen, I don't want to go alone to do the groceries. I'm taking Kyunni with me."

Wonho's eyes widen in shock. He stands before Changkyun's petite figure and denies Jooheon's request, "There's no way in hell I'm going to allow you to take Changkyun with you. He's staying in the house whether he likes it or not."

"Wonho-Hyung," Changkyun speaks up, slowly stepping away from Wonho's protective bubble. "Please, at least, let me go grocery shopping with him. You barely let me out of the house. I want to go out-- even if it means buying groceries."

Wonho firmly fixes his gaze upon Changkyun's pleading expression. The other four scan the indoors of the house, attempting and pretending that they haven't heard Jooheon's declaration. They understand the decision must be made by Wonho.

"Changkyun. . ." Wonho sighs deeply within his chest. He tightly closes his eyes, and sincerely issues, "Do you earnestly want to go grocery shopping? With him?"

"Of course, I do," Changkyun answers. He gradually moves closer to Jooheon. "Wonho-Hyung, I just want to know how the outside world is adapting right now. I don't even remember the last time I was able to roam freely in public."

Wonho immediately brings up, desperation in his tone, "That's because you're wanted! Changkyun— if you get caught by a militia— hell knows what's going to happen. I can't let you go out there by yourself. Especially not with him." When Wonho emphasizes him, he means Jooheon's abnormal features.

"Don't worry, he won't get caught as long as I'm with him," Jooheon informs. He settles a hand on Changkyun's shoulder, which provokes Wonho to stay alert. "I'll make sure he arrives home safely."

Shownu sneaks up behind a bothered Wonho and sincerely claims, "Hey, Wonho, why don't you just let your brother go to the grocery store? It's just down by the street. I'm sure he'll be fine. Trust him just this once."

Wonho doesn't know what to do. He's yearning Changkyun will fear Jooheon. But, instead, it seems like he's the only one who is fearing him. Changkyun was right, he did change. A lot. Wonho can't turn back time and attempt to cease his little brother from maturing. He just can't. He has to accept Changkyun's decisions for now on.

Changkyun is eighteen, but it won't stop Wonho from seeing him as his little brother.

"F-Fine," Wonho says, struggling to speak the word. "You both can go to the grocery store— but only buy what's necessary, okay?"

Changkyun nods his head in excitement, his visage shimmering with delight. Jooheon curls his fingers into a fist, congratulating Changkyun on earning his freedom.

"Ya, don't worry, Wonho. I'll make sure your brother will enjoy the outside world, but I promise to bring him back safe and sound."