𝑰

TIME HAS SPED by in an instant. Changkyun doesn't apprehend much about his recent memories with his new family. He recalls his great escape from his former home with Wonho, his stepbrother, as they ran away from the forces of the militia. Fortunately, both of them did not get harmed, but Changkyun has no trace of his former foster parents. Were they forced to face punishment due to allowing Changkyun and Wonho to disappear into the darkness? Or did the government sparred them, but took everything they owned from their grasp? Changkyun loathes asking himself those harsh questions about his past guardians singly because he blames himself for the outcome of his future.

Changkyun did not learn to become stronger.

Instead, he grew more vulnerable each day. Even if Wonho ventured to persuade Changkyun to eat his daily meals or exercise, the said name proceeded to resist. He only longed for solitary, something Wonho wouldn't concede Changkyun to have.

Changkyun would scarcely smile, a frown adorned his expression instead, as the corner of his quivering lips moved downwards. The tears will flow from his eyes and down his red-colored cheeks like broken faucets.

Changkyun continued to condemn himself for his wrongdoings— for not being qualified to earn a rewarding job that will have been crucial for his foster parents and Wonho.

"I brought food for all of us! Let's eat, alright?"

Changkyun peers over his shoulder and pinpoints Shownu, the leader of their runaway clan, with a pouch of food in his hand. Shownu is tall and tan with brown, short hair. The man's considerably muscular, and tho his physique seems intimidating, he's thoroughly tender.

Shownu establishes the sack, fill with distinct vegetables and carbohydrates, upon the kitchen island. The team all huddle together to observe the ingredients Shownu acquired from his journey, and decide what meal they can innovate from it. Wonho fixes his eyesight upon Changkyun's figure, and silently motions his hand, demanding the younger to gather up with the team. Changkyun sighs in silence and ascends up on his feet, where he marches up to Wonho's muscular figure.

"Shownu brought a lot of ingredients this time. I'm certain dinner will be delicious," Wonho notifies. "You'll be able to eat a decent meal in no time."

Changkyun removes his eyesight from Wonho and settles it upon the components scattered upon the marbled kitchen island. There won't be enough food for the team for an entire week. Nonetheless, he remains hushed about his opinion and refuses to acknowledge Wonho's allegation.

"You can make a stew with these," Hyungwon notifies with a thin smile embellishing his visage. "Hopefully, it'll give enough for the six of us."

"Hm. Hopefully? Every time I hear that word, it just makes me want to feel hopeless and doubtless. How many times have you said it, Hyungwon-ah? But we're never correctly fed."

Changkyun sighs in distress at Hyunwong's assertion to the food. Serving the team food with a small quantity of it is not possible. Changkyun knows it.

"I'm sure it will," Shownu adds to Hyungwon's allegation. The elder turns to the cabinets and draws out a large pot for Kihyun, the team's chef.

Wonho, with eyes saturated with pity for Changkyun, declares, "Make sure to eat the stew Kihyun makes, alright?"

Changkyun nods his head in consent. He doesn't want to advise Wonho the truth, but he'll strive to eat less so the five of them will have sufficient food. Changkyun has always done this, so it won't provoke him to seek mercy for himself.

Hyungwon and Minhyuk depart to their own ways— downstairs to the basement where all of their equipment and resources are store, Kihyun in the kitchen, where he commences to prepare the meal for the evening, and Wonho and Shownu set off to patrol the neighborhood for any indication of the government militias.

Changkyun is not authorized to exit the house. From Wonho's declaration of his orders, he simply established that Changkyun should remain indoors, and never abandon the safe zone. He loathes having to follow Wonho's strict rules, but he apprehends that it is only the best for him.

But how can he be so sure, if thirst for adventure is solely anticipating to spark inside of him?