Chapter 2: Setting sail ! A new adventure awaits !!

" ": You talking

' ': you thinking

* *: Narrator/Voice-off

3rd Person POV:

A few days after the little "incident" with the bandits and the devil fruit, life in the village went back to normal

Luffy: Hey, Mr.Fishmonger, give me some fish !

Fishmonger: Hey, rubber boy ! Why are you in such a good mood lately ? The pirates set sail without you today, you know ? And you won't be able to swim for the rest of your life.

Luffy: It doesn't matter If I sink like an anchor, then I'll just be a pirate that never falls overboard ! I'm glad I are the Gum-Gum devil fruit. Look at what I can do !

From behind, the mayor of the town started to lecture Luffy, about how bad it is to be a pirate

Mayor: You think being gawked at because you're a freak is a great thing, eh ? Well this village doesn't need any more idiots, sonny !

Fishmonger: Good morning, Mr.Mayor !

Mayor: For the last time, Luffy, I won't allow you to become a pirate ! It'd make the village look bad !! Now, the captain's not such a bad fellow, but you stay away from those pirates !

Meanwhile, Luffy was plugging his ears, absolutely not listening.

Some time later...

Makino: The pirates have been out at sea for a long time. Do you miss them, Luffy ?

Luffy: After the way those mountain bandits humiliated them ?! Not at all !

Luffy: I really misjudged those guys ! I though they were brave and tough... But they're really just a bunch of wimps. Y/n was the only one who even tried to fight.

Makino: Are you sure about that ? Maybe sometimes it takes more courage not to fight.

Luffy: You just wouldn't understand, Makino. A real man has to stand up for himself, no matter what.