29: SCHOOL BUS MADE OUT OF VIBRANIUM

I sign my name in Coach's register at exactly 7:45am and after loading my suitcase into the smaller bus meant for our luggage, I climb into the bus and find a seat for myself in the middle, close to the window.

I plug in my earphones and watch as the bus steadily fills with people. Tess and Nathan sit across the aisle from me and she promptly falls asleep on his shoulder. She obviously stayed up all night watching vine compilations on YouTube.

When the bus is almost filled, just as I'm about to text Cole and Chelsea, they walk in together.

Chelsea spots me first and makes her way to the empty seat next to me. I greet her with a smile even though I saved that seat specifically for Cole. I can't really tell her that though, can I?

I look back up in time to see him take a seat at the front, next to Sheila Harris who looks very happy with that development.

Coach walks in a few minutes later with his clipboard in hand and starts roll call according to how we signed in. When he stops at my name and I answer from my middle seat, he frowns, "Captains up front, Harris, switch with Paxton"

I try my hardest not to shoot a disappointed Sheila a smug smirk as I shoulder my way past her to sit next to Cole. Luckily, it's another window seat.

I turn to Cole with a smile but it falls when I see that his eyes are already closed and he has headphones on. He doesn't even answer when Coach calls his name. Coach sees him though, so he just huffs and marks him.

"Cole" I call out even though I know he can't hear me. I tap him twice but he doesn't even move a finger.

Nobody falls asleep that fast.

The bus starts moving and I lean back and fold my arms like a petulant child. I know for a fact that he's not sleeping, his knee is slightly bouncing in tune to whatever song he's listening to.

Five minutes into the four hour drive, I'm already bored. There's nothing to do. I mean I could play games on my phone or read a book but all I want to do is talk to Cole and the idiot is ignoring me.

I tap him again, "Cole, it's not funny". Nothing.

I smirk as I reach for his headphone and his eyes pop open when he realizes what I'm about to do which is scream in his ear like I did that first day I tutored him. Good times.

His hand wraps round my wrist, stopping it in mid-air, "Don't you dare"

I huff, "then stop ignoring me"

He sighs, drops my hand and takes off his headphones, "is there anything I can do for her highness?" he asks sarcastically.

I frown at his tone, it's not playful sarcasm, irritated sarcasm. "Don't call me that" I mutter weakly.

Cole groans and runs his hand down his face in frustration, "what do you want Bella? I was perfectly fine, sitting in peace before you disrupted it"

I blink, did I miss something? "Well don't let my presence disturb your serenity, I'll just be here when you get off your period"

I turn and glare out the window, my happy mood completely and utterly destroyed. Asshole.

COLE'S POV

"Asshole" Bella mutters under her breath, glaring daggers at the cars on the road.

I sigh and lean back against my seat, she didn't deserve my attitude and certainly not my transfer of aggression. I just have a hard time reigning in my emotions, especially around her.

I turn to look at her and the scowl is still firmly etched on her beautiful face. I know I said she could frown as much as she wanted but I shouldn't be the reason.