18: WINTER FORMAL (PART 1)

Dedicated to SantosoLilyana

"Twirl for me" Marie instructs with a smile.

I twirl once more and she claps her hands in glee, "you look absolutely stunning Bella"

I smile at her through the mirror as I admire myself.

My hair is curled up on my head in a fancy bun, with tendrils framing my face.

My jewelry is simple, diamond cut earrings with a matching necklace and bracelet.

And my dress, oh my dress.

It was hard to find but totally worth it, I've worn many many designer outfits but I've never felt as beautiful as I feel tonight

My fingers brush the dress, shaking with nerves, I imagined this night several times with Ryan, but somehow, going with Cole makes me a lot more nervous than I thought I'd be. And excited... Definitely.

Suddenly, the bell rings round the house, causing my stomach to do a flip.

I turn to Marie with a smile. She hands me my matching purse and holds my hands, looking at me with a motherly smile, "I know this isn't how you pictured tonight but the young man downstairs is prepared to give you an amazing time if you let him, so I want you to have fun and make memories, okay?"

My answer is to hug her as tight as I can without ruining my makeup or dress.

"Thank you" I whisper sincerely.

I grab the rest of my stuff as she rushes down to open the door and I follow a few minutes later.

I gingerly walk down the stairs, careful not to step on my dress or miss a step altogether.

"Wow"

I look up to see Cole, staring at me in awe.

A blush promptly makes its way to my face, partly because of his expression and also because of how hot he looks.

Like jaw dropping-I could stare at him all day, I'm probably drooling- hot.

He's in a black tuxedo that fits like it was made for him, his brown hair looks darker tonight, styled in a way that makes me want to run my hands through it continuously.

My eyes drift down and a small smile takes over my face.

In his hands, is a bouquet of flowers, Lilies.

I take the remaining steps till I'm in front of him.

"What?" I ask, suddenly self-conscious.

"Beautiful" he breathes.

I let out a small, almost delirious laugh, "thank you, you look pretty amazing yourself"

He seems to snap out of his daze and hands me the bouquet, "I thought you'd prefer these to the roses everyone else was buying"