13: THE GRACE TO NOT STAB MY CHEER CAPTAIN IN THE EYE WITH A FORK

CHAPTER 13: THE GRACE TO NOT STAB MY CHEER CAPTAIN IN THE EYE WITH A FORK

MEGAN'S POV

"You look beautiful tonight" I blush and duck my head, staring at the pale blue tablecloth.

"Not that you don't look beautiful every other day, you just look especially beautiful today, wait no that wasn't any better um-"

My laughter cuts off Ryan's ranting, "Thank you, you look especially handsome tonight too"

He returns my smile with a nervous one, "I'm sorry I guess I'm just really nervous, I want tonight to go perfect"

I smile at him. There's this amazing feeling when a guy as hot and popular as Ryan Davis is nervous or tongue tied around you.

I place my hand in his on the table and squeeze gently, "it already is" I assure him and he visibly relaxes.

Just then, the waiter arrives to take our orders.

After ordering, we fall into easy conversation and I can't help feeling extremely lucky, I've been crushing on Ryan since freshman year when he punched Jesse Max for making fun of my braces, then he went ahead to tell me he loved my smile.

Ever since then, he's always been nice to me, he always smiled at me in the halls and complimented me a lot. I don't think it's rocket science that I started daydreaming about his golden locks and adorable eyes.

Truth be told, besides the fact that I love dancing, I joined the cheer squad in sophomore year to be closer to him and I guess it worked. He's told me often that having me on the same court makes him want to play his best. Swoon

We started hanging out a lot in junior year and we've had a couple of almost kisses and now-

"OMG! Megan, Ryan!"

Our little bubble is burst and we look up simultaneously to see Isabella.

What the hell?

"Um Bella, hi" Ryan snaps out of his surprise first.

She turns her attention to him and smiles that her dazzling, blinding smile, "Heyyyy" she's the kind of person who's hey always has too many y's.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asks.

Oh at this expensive, fancy restaurant? Oh you know, hunting Bigfoot.

"Um we're actually on a date" I say in a tone that means, get out of here, you sparkling barbie.

"Awwwwwnn, that's sooo cuteeee" not just her heys, all her words.

"Yeah so um"

"of course I'd love to join you!" she announces and slides in the booth next to Ryan.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. Does this girl not understand boundaries? Does she not know what the meaning of a date is?

Ryan's eyes meet mine and I can tell he's as lost as I am. The thing is, Isabella is a Bright. She's overwhelming, half of the time no one except her equally bright girls knows what to do around her and it's uncomfortable. Even now, with her flawless ensemble, she looks better than me by far and she's actually glowing, I kid you not.

Ryan clears his throat and is about to tell her to please leave, when another presence looms over our table, "Ryan, man is that you?"

You have got to be shitting me glory.

"Hi Cole" Ryan sighs in greeting.

"Cole! OMG isn't this a surprising coincidence, join us"

Huh?