7: GUESS WHO'S BACK TO ZERO?

An: dedicate to Black_damsel1 love you babe😘

"Okay that was good girls take ten!" I yell.

Its Wednesday after school and the basketball players and cheerleaders are practicing for Friday's game.

Sweaty and tired from practice, Tess, Chelsea and I sit on the bleachers talking about random things.

I'm interrupted when someone taps me. I turn to see Cole, panting hard, sweat glittering off his body. He does that adorable neck scratch thing, probably nervous under Tess and Chelsea's questioning gazes.

"Um Bella can I talk to you?"

"Yeah sure, I'll be back guys" I excuse myself and follow Cole out of the gym.

"So what's up?" I ask him, taking in just how nervous he looks.

"I did it"

My face lights up, "yay! And?"

He still doesn't meets my eyes and instead keeps staring at his shoes, "she was a bit skeptical and I could tell she was going to make some excuse not to go so I panicked and told her that you and Ryan would be there too"

Somebody please help me pick up my jaw from the floor.

"What?!"

His expression instantly morphs into guilt, "shit Bella I'm sorry, I'll call it off"

"No wait, hold up lemme get this straight, so you want me to ask Ryan so we can double date" I ask in disbelief.

He gives me a sheepish smile, "would you?"

"This is insane" I mutter to myself, but Cole hears.

"You're right, I'm so stupid, I'll call it off" he makes to leave but I grab his arm.

"Wait!"

He turns to me with such hope in his eyes I can't stand it, "its okay" I sigh, "I guess I can understand why you did it, besides, I get to spend time with him so its okay, I'll do it"

The second I finish talking, Cole wraps me in a tight hug and I hold my breath in surprise. Its actually a nice hug, if you ignore the fact that we're both sweating.

"Okay this is disgusting Cole we're swapping sweat" I tell him,wrinkling my nose.

He chuckles and let's me go, "whatever, thanks Bella"

He smiles and walks back into the gym. I smile to myself, boys with crushes are so adorable.

With a sigh, I walk back in and search for Ryan. I see him by the water coolers, texting.

I take a deep breath to calm myself and make my way towards him. I see Cole and he shoots me an encouraging smile.

When I reach him, I sit beside him, "hey"

One point for a steady voice.

He raises his head and smiles at me, "oh hey Bella"

Damn that smile!

2 points for not hyperventilating. At least not obviously.