22: GRAND FELICITATIONS

A loud knock jolts me awake "Come in" I mumble sleepily, tossing and adjusting my sleep position.

The door opens and my mother's voice fills the room, "Good morning sweetie, Merry Christmas"

My eyes fly open and I sit up, suddenly awake, "Merry Christmas mom!" I greet with a wide, happy smile.

I love Christmas.

She chuckles at my excitement before leaving my room.

I reach for my phone and scroll through the bunch of texts I've gotten.

I open the group chat with my girls.

Tess@Bitches for Layif!: Merry Christmas girlllsss...I'll prlly be busy all day so lemme get this out of the way, luv u guysss 💖💖💖

Chelsea@Bitches for Layif!: Merry Christmas my pretties 💕💕

Me@Bitches for Layif!: Merry Christmas... Love you guys... Have fun today 🤗🤗🤗

The next is from Tyler.

Young and Stupid: Baby sis! I'd say merry Christmas but that's sooooo cliche so GRAND FELICITATIONS😁😁😁... BTW the bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh took a heavy chisel and took apart a piece of all her love which is mine, and sends it to you.

I laugh before replying.

Me: 😂 I guess I shld say the same... wish you were here🤧 Give Kira my love too... Tell her I said not to forget to keep you away from any chocolate. We want to make a good impression on the in-laws don't we?

I scroll through the rest of the texts with a smile, Marie who went home for the holidays, family groupchats, and a few other friends from school.

I save the best for last however,

Cole: Merry Christmas princess x

That simple message plasters a stupid grin on my face.

Me: Same to you... And don't call me that

My mood dampens a bit when I see that Ryan didn't text me..
I sigh and text him instead.

Me: Merry Christmas Ryan ✨

My phone buzzes instantly but it's Cole, not Ryan.

Cole: but I like calling you princess, it makes me happy. Don't you want me to be happy?

I roll my eyes, a small smile playing on my lips.

Me: if you're calling me princess, then I guess I should call you frog?

Cole: if it means I get a kiss in the end then I'm all for it, princess.

I bite my lip as flashes of our kiss float around in my brain.

Me: I don't see why you need a kiss, it wouldn't do you any good.

Cole: that cuts deep princess, if I didn't have such a high self-esteem, I'd be so hurt.

Me: then let's be grateful for your huge ego shall we?

Cole: I know I am... I have to go now princess, mom needs me.

Me: okay, say hi to her for me and give Riley a kiss from me.

Cole: I can't believe I'm jealous of my sister, how come she gets a kiss and I don't?