19: WINTER FORMAL (PART 2)

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Hi, if you're new to Isabella Paxton's life is a shitstorm, lemme get you up to speed.

Bella likes a boy, said boy likes another girl, said girl is liked by a different boy, said boy and Isabella are working to break up previously said boy and girl who attend the winter formal together, so Isabella and friend attend the formal together too, to stop the earlier said boy and girl from having a romantic time but it all goes down south when Isabella and friend are put in a situation where they have to kiss even though their relationship is completely platonic.

Confusing? Welcome to my life.

"Umm, this is awkward" Cole mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck, his cheeks tinging pink.

He's so cute.

Meanwhile, everyone is still chanting.

"Yeah, what do we do?" I ask, suddenly shy.

Cole smiles slightly, "Kiss?"

I laugh breathlessly, "Yeah I guess that was implied"

"Kiss already!" Someone yells from the crowd and when I look in that direction, I see Ryan, chanting along with the crowd. Egging me on to kiss someone else.

"Pretend I'm him"

I turn my attention back to Cole, eyebrows raised.

"Pretend I'm him" he repeats, "Ryan. Pretend it's him kissing you and let's get this over with"

I stare at him for a while before letting my eyes fall shut.

I try to imagine Ryan's face in front of me, leaning in to kiss me, but all I can see is Cole.

Cole's smirk, Cole's smile, Cole's laugh, Cole's warmth. I can only smell his scent, I can only feel his arm, wrapping round my waist to bring me closer.

I can't hear anything anymore, apart from the sound of my heart beating a thousand beats per minute.

Then his lips meet mine.

My body tenses as a wave of electricity flows from the top of my head to the tip of my toes.

The kiss only lasts for about three seconds but it's enough to make every nerve in my body go haywire.

When we pull apart, my eyes fly open and my mouth falls open slightly. The place where his hand rests feels like its on fire.

Around us, the crowd cheers and that same person yells a "finally!" before they turn their attention back to the next couple.

Cole and I, however, are still in the same position, staring at each other.

What. Just. Happened?

"I-" I stop because my voice sounds like I haven't used it in years, probably because my throat feels like sandpaper.

"I need to use the bathroom" I break out of his hold, hitch up my dress and bolt for the bathroom.

I stare at my flushed face in the mirror, a confused and a little eccentric look on it.

My hand reaches up to caress my lips, still tingling from the brief contact with Cole's.

I let out a laugh at how ridiculous I'm being. It was a three second kiss forced on by a highschool winter formal version of kisscam.

Not a big deal.

Still, I let myself smile the wide smile fighting to break out for whatever reason.