3:WONDERLAND

"Wow, he's really good". I turn to see Cole trying out for the basket ball team and so far he's got it in the basket (get it?)

Its Wednesday and we're having cheer and basketball practice. We've been practicing for the welcome match in two weeks.

Coach blows the whistle, " Good game Mathews, you're in"

The girls yell encouragingly while the boys do that weird bro hug thing. He sits on a bench, smiling proudly.

"What the-"

I turn at the sound of Chelsea's voice. What I see makes me want to throw up. Megan Sanders just walked in, pretty dark haired Megan. What makes me sick though, is who she's with, Ryan.

She has a hand on his arm and is giggling at whatever it is he's saying. I bawl my hands into fists as I stare daggers into her back.

I personally have nothing against Megan. She's one of my cheerleaders and we have an okay relationship. She's sweet and really nice but why does she have to be sweet and nice with him?

I look away, mumbling "its probably nothing" and I try really hard to believe it.

I sit down with a scowl on my face, I look away cause I can't bear to watch them anymore.

Ryan is supposed to end up with me. He's not supposed to find another girl attractive or funny. If that makes me sound like a possessive girlfriend then so be it.

Practice is practically over, but we all like to stay back and hangout. The basketball team and cheerleaders are all really close, like a family, you know, if family dated each other.

Tess is dating Nathan Morgan, Chelsea just broke up with Daniel fields when he moved to England. And me? I'm dating Ryan.

In this lovely place I like to call wonderland.

Too upset to socialize, I get up to leave and my eyes land on Cole, he's staring right ahead, his eyes narrowed and jaws clenched. He looks furious.

I follow his gaze and see that he's staring at Megan and Ryan still flirting.

Why does he look like he wants to- oh.

Realization dawns on me. Cole likes Megan.

I stand there, watching him as the wheels in my head turn and an evil smile slowly spreads on my lips.

I walk towards him and sit next to him, "hey" I greet, nudging his shoulder gently. He only nods in reply, not even looking at me.

I continue talking, "you're really good, where did you learn to play?" He just shrugs.

Okay, this is really awkward, I have no idea how to say what I want to say, I might be wrong for all I know. "So", I start, " Megan's pretty cute, she's your lab partner isn't she?" He nods, "she's smart" I continue, "and nice and funny"

He cuts me off, "what's your point?"

I take a deep breath and ask, "do you like Megan?" His head snaps up and his cheeks tinge pink.

Aww boys are so cute when they blush.

"You do like her" I declare excitedly. "Shut up" he mutters, looking away. I smile, "let me tell you a secret" I stage whisper, "I like Ryan"

"Really? Didn't see that coming" I can almost see the sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

I roll my eyes, "shut up and listen to what I have to say" he shrugs, "shoot" I take a deep breath, here goes nothing.

"Since I like Ryan and you like Megan and they obviously have a thing, I was wondering if we could work together to make sure they don't get together, like distract them so they can be with us instead of each other" I say it all in one breath, fiddling with my wrists, something I do when I'm nervous.