25: SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN

Guess who's backkkkk

***

I smile as I tie the bow and straighten up, "There you go Myra, all good" She giggles her thanks and runs off to show her friends her double knotted laces.

I stand and straighten the end of my purple sweater. It's nine thirty and the park is steadily filling up. Parents are huddled together, talking and keeping an eye on their little kids, running and screaming their heads off. The teenagers are scattered in groups, eating, talking and it's safe to say everyone is having fun. By twelve, there's going to be a fireworks display and hopefully Cole gets here before midnight.

"Bella!" I turn and a wide smile takes over my face as Riley latches on to my legs. I gently tug on her pigtails, "Hi pumpkin, I'm so glad you could make it"

She releases my legs and I'm able to crouch down to her level, she smiles wide, "Sowwy we're late, Cowl took fowever to get weady" I giggle and look up to see Cole smiling down at us in amusement.

I must say, his lateness is definitely worth it, he's sporting a pair of black jeans, my favorite pair of converse and a blue button up shirt. I know it's not much but he looks good.

"Hey Princess" he smiles at me and I don't know if it's only me but the temperature just rose up a little.

"Hey" I greet, suddenly breathless.

"Bella!"

I close my eyes and breath out a small laugh, I can't count how many times a little kid has called out my name tonight.

I turn and my smile widens when I see Josh. I lean down to catch his hug, "Hi sweetie, I'm so glad you could make it" I pull back and ruffle his blonde curls, "How's your mom?"

He beams at me, "She's fine" he pulls something out of his pocket and I smile as he puts all his concentration to pinning the cardboard angel to my sleeve, "Merry Christmas" he smiles at me, "I made it myself because I think you're an angel"

I pull him in for a hug, "Thank you sweetheart, I love it"

"Where's your mom? I want to say hi"

He pulls back and points behind him, "She's with her new friend who says I should call her Gabby"

"That's my mommy" I turn, remembering Cole and Riley behind me. Josh looks over my shoulder and his big blue eyes widen and his mouth falls open.

I smile to myself, can you blame the boy? With her heart shaped face, beautiful green eyes and her sandy curls, Riley is going to be a heart breaker some day.

"Riley, this is my friend, Josh. Josh, this is my baby, Riley"

He stares at her for a while longer before asking her, "D-do you like barbies?"

Riley's eyes almost explode in her skull, "I love barbies!" she squeals before grabbing his hand and racing off with him.

I smile at their retreating figures as I finally stand up straight, being a kid is so easy.

"Why do you have that creepy ass smile on your face?" Cole asks.

I turn to him, "You just met your future brother in law" I inform him matter-of-factly.

He scoffs, "Yeah, cause a boy that likes barbies definitely won't end up gay in future"

I punch his shoulder lightly, "Hey!"

He only laughs and I playfully scowl at him, "On their wedding day, you'll owe me a hundred bucks" I tell him.

He smirks, and leans forward till our noses are almost brushing, "And if they don't get married" he pauses for effect, meanwhile, my heart has started doing that annoying thing where it beats way too hard and way too fast "You'll owe me a kiss"