15: BARBIE IS AN UNBEATABLE CLASSIC

"He asked me! He asked me! He asked me!" Tess squeals dancing round her room.

"Total shocker" Chelsea rolls her eyes.

I laugh, "leave the girl alone. How did he do it?"

Tess disappears from the laptop screen and returns with a white Riley-sized teddy bear.

She pushes the middle and a prerecorded Nathan says, "uh is it on? Oh shit! Hey Tessie this is our first Christmas together and I want to make it one we'll always remember, years from now. Will you go to the formal with me? I hope you spare my life long enough for me to give you this though. And one more thing, I love you. How do you turn this damn thing off, where's the freaking manual?"

Now it's three of us squealing into our laptops.

"He practically proposed" Chelsea points out.

"You guys are a match made in heaven" I sigh.

Tess smile is wide enough to land a plane on as she hugs the teddy bear tight, "How did I get so lucky?"

"That's what I wanna know" Chelsea says, "you're going to the dance with the love of your life and I'm still stuck deciding"

"Speaking of which, Bella now that Ryan is unavailable, who are you going with" Tess asks.

I tilt my head away from sight and mumble into my pillow, "Cole"

"In English please"

I groan and face them again, "Cole"

Cue collective gasp.

"You mean Cole the hottie Mchot hot Mathews who's now B-ball captain, that Cole?"

I roll my eyes, "first of all Chels, never say hottie Mchot hot ever again and secondly, we're just going together cause it's convenient"

"Yeah, very convenient to go to the most romantic event of the year with one of the hottest guys in school" Tess smirks.

"Shut up and hug your teddy bear" I huff.

My phone starts ringing just then, "Speak of the devil" I mutter.

They both gasp "is it Cole?"

"Bye girls" I blow them a kiss before closing the laptop and answering the phone.

"H-"

"Which is better, Barbie or Lion King?"

"Well hello to you too"

"No time for formalities woman! Barbie or Lion King"

I raise an eyebrow, "where's the fire?"

"Ughhhh" he groans, "Riley and I are arguing which is better, she picks barbie obviously and I'm Lion King, you're our tie breaker, so for the last time princess, Barbie or Lion King?"

"Well Lion King is an amazing movie and basically framed my childhood" I start but he cuts me off.

"Yes! I knew all your bolts and nuts were screwed on right"

"But, Barbie is an unbeatable classic, you have to know that"

There's silence and then he says solemnly, "Oh, I didn't see that little bolt there on the floor, please pick it up"

I laugh, "You have to admit it someday"

"I'll be a bikini model before I ever admit such blasphemy" his tone is so serious and I can't help but imagine him in a bikini.

"I'd pay big money to see that" I giggle.

"Not the point!" he huffs.

I laugh again, "why is Riley even still awake?"