8: AFTER THAT HE'LL REDISCOVER GRAVITY YEAH?

An: Let's just ignore the fact that I'm a jerk for updating this late and I'll say MERRY CHRISTMASS!!!!! I wish you all a wonderful Christmas, I love y'all
***
"Hello mother"

"Gwendolyn" I cringe at my middle name she just insists on calling me. Isabella Gwendolyn Paxton. Ugh!.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the name, I have a friend named Gwen. But everyone calls her Gwen not Gwendolyn.

"What do you want mother?" I ask boredly.

"Can't I call to just say hi?" She asks.

I roll my eyes, pigs will fly before my mother calls to say hi.

"Mom what do you want?" I ask again, already losing my patience.

She sighs, "fine, I need you to call your father and remind him of my fashion show in Paris tomorrow"

"I thought you guys were in LA together?"

"I left to prepare for the show" she informs me.

"Okay, so tell him yourself"

She laughs dryly, "that will mean he wins, and I plan to win this one"

I sigh. Grace and Jonathan Paxton are the perfect power couple. My mother is an ex model/fashion designer/ business mogul and  my dad is an actor/ movie producer and occasional host of something or other.

They have the looks, the power, the fame. I only wish they had the love.

Okay that's a little dramatic. I know they love each other deep down but that's the problem, its way deep down, you can barely see it.

"Mom, I'm not getting in between another fight, you're adults, you should learn to solve your problems on your own"

"Gwendolyn are you calling me immature?" She gasps

I groan in frustration, "my name is Isabella and no, I mean that you should stop dragging your children into your marital dispute"

"I'll have you know that Gwendolyn is a very refined name and that's why I gave it to you, why you choose to be called  Isabella I'll never understand" she says my name like its gum stuck to the bottom of her shoe.

"Whatever mom" I sigh, "if that's all, I have things to do"

"Like what?" She sighs, "you never tell me what's up with you"

I scoff, "that's cause you never ask. Bye mother"

I hang up before she can say anything else and collapse on the bed with a sigh. Talking to my parents has always worn me out.

My phone starts ringing again. "What?" I answer wearily.

"I'm guessing Gwendolyn just finished talking to Grace Paxton" Tyler's teasing voice floats through.

I sigh, "and I'm guessing Gerald just finished talking to Jonathan Paxton"

He laughs, "you know it, God forbid both children are on one person's side"