Thirty-one

It's kind of amazing how you found me, through all of the noises some how.

Today had been awful for me. Today was packed with meetings, I was constantly thinking of things to include in my chapter, I wanted to see Oliver more than anything and just wanted Dylan to make more of an effort with me.

“Come on Neavah” Antonio shouted at the other end of empty meeting room.

I dismissed all thoughts and just watched him.

“We have been in here for over an hour since the meeting finished and not developed any new ideas” he complained to me.

I shook my head. “Antonio I can’t do this anymore”

I felt that I was failing him, that I couldn’t be somewhere where I couldn’t focus because the one person that I wanted wasn’t there.

“Neavah” he began speaking but I interrupted him.

“No Antonio, I am being honest. I am going to continue to let you down for as long as I am away from Oliver” I smiled slightly at the way I admitted how I felt and just acknowledged the fact that it is Oliver.

He smiled slightly at me too and walked from the end of the table towards the empty chair next to me. I turned to face him as he pulled out the chair and placed his hand on my right kneecap.

“But that is what it is, I am in love with a guy who is in a completely different country” I moaned.

“How do you know that?” he questioned, smiling at me. I could see he was sad with our relationship coming to an end, but I could see also see the excitement in me finding new love.

I looked at the table for a second and then back into his eyes.

“Oliver found me, he took a chance on me and I didn’t do it back. I want to do it back and he is more than willing to accept it” I explained.

He nodded and sighed. “You could never fail me Neavah”

His reassurance made me feel a lot better about having this conversation with him because he is amazing and I know that I can talk to him with no worry.

“Thank you for this whole experience Antonio” I was so grateful for everything that he had done for me.

I removed the tears from my eyes with both of my thumbs.

“No thank you. Neavah you have been like a daughter to me and I have most certainly treated you like one”

Hearing this made it harder to deal with and easier to cry.

 “You have been excellent to me and I hope more than anything that you find happiness back in Spain”

I hated goodbyes, especially with people that you really do care about. Antonio invited me into this company with open arms and to leave with a hug and heartfelt chat from him felt as if we had just ended something completely beautiful.

I know I will see him again; you always do with people you care about.

You brought me around, how did you find me? You came out of nowhere like lightening.