Twenty-six

Take these words don’t let them go unheard, this is me reaching out, I hope you can hear me now

I was laughing as Ashley was telling another funny story to both Ava and me. We were all excited to see Stefan’s face when he walks into his surprise party.

Every time I took a glance at Dylan, all I could think of was how we both were and although I care for Oliver, I felt that I would always want Dylan and I would do anything for us to go back to how we were.

Ava grabbed my arm softly and leaned close between me and Ashley.

“Neavie, he is looking at you” she whispered, but loud enough for us both to hear her voice.

“Who?” Ashley questioned

I tried looking out of the corner of my eye and saw Dylan staring but look back at Frankie and their friends.

“Dylan” I answered Ashley’s questions and Ava nodded at us both.

“Do you miss him?” Ava asked.

I nodded and took a sip of my drink. “Every day”

“Well we are gonna need more than that” Taylor said interrupting us all as he came up behind Ashley and placed his arms around her waist.

 “I missed you” Ashley said as she turned to his face to kiss him.

Ava and I both turned to each other and allowed them time to themselves.

“How are things with Stefan?” I questioned

“Things are great, you used to be close with him right? He mentioned how you used to be crazy for him”

I laughed a little at how big headed that guy can be, but honestly felt no need to embarrass him, so I agreed.

“A very long time ago, you are lucky to have him but he is also lucky to have you” I assured her

She smiled and tapped my glass with mine, signalling us both to down our drinks and then laugh at our faces after the taste of it.

I looked over at Dylan as I was laughing uncontrollably and noticed that he was already looking at me.

Stefan’s younger sister, Camilla came running in and whispering to us all.

“Shhh everyone, Nathan is walking him in now” Nathan is Camilla’s boyfriend.

I saw Dylan grab hold of Camilla’s shoulders as we all turned to face the door and wait for him to come in.

Dylan looked over to me and I smiled slightly at him as I placed my drink on the table in front of me.

He smiled slightly back at me.

Although it was just a smile, it felt like that smile meant that we have forgiven each other for what we put one another through. In a smile shared between us, we knew we had so many memories, so many feelings and so much to remember.

“SURPRISE” we all shouted as Stefan walked through the door with Nathan.

Of course Ava was the first person he noticed through all the party poppers that we threw out. It was really cute actually.

He ran towards her, lifted her up off the ground and spun her in at least three circles, kissing her before he put her down and then continued kissing her.

I was so happy to see them both like that, to see him with someone amazing and to see her with my wonderful closest friend.

We all greeted him with hugs and kisses, then the partying began properly.