Twenty-four

And it sure feels good, to finally feel the way I do.

“Neavah, the rest of my summer was perfect because I spent it with you” Oliver whispered into my ear, before he pulled away from hugging me tightly.

I smiled as I used my left hand to wipe my eyes from the tears that were forming.

“I am going to miss you so much”

He helped me wipe my tears with his thumbs on his hands, whilst softly brushing my cheeks with the rest of his fingers.

I held onto his hands as soon as he reached my jaw line.

“All passengers that are boarding flight GB101 the gate is now open to check-in and board the plane. Please can all passengers start making their way here” the announcement made my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.

He leaned forward quickly and pressed his lips against my forehead.

He left his lips there kissing my forehead for about a minute or so.

As soon as he pulled away we both had tears coming down our faces and I hugged him tightly once again.

“See you soon?” he suggested.

I nodded knowing he could feel my head on his shoulder.

He began walking away from me when I knew that this wouldn’t have been the end. So why make it the end?

“Oliver” I shouted as all the passengers began queuing up behind me.

He stopped and paused for a second or so before turning around to face me.

I smiled and could feel it getting bigger. “I love you”

The sad smile that he formed after hearing what I needed to say just began to grow bigger and bigger.

“I love you too” he said back.

I held out both of my hands. “Get over here then” I laughed.

He rushed towards me and moved both of my bags out of the way, lifting me up into his arms. I wrapped both of my legs around his body, resting them on the bottom of his spine.

“I’ll come back to you” I promised.

And for the first time in this whole month, he kissed me; but this was not just any kiss. This kiss was something he wanted to do from the moment he saw me, the passion, the meaning, the tears I felt falling onto my cheek from his eyes. Everything about this kiss just didn’t mean goodbye, it meant that I would see him soon and I would come back to him.

He pulled his lips away from mine and pressed the tip of his nose slightly onto mine. My arms were wrapped around his neck and my hands were playing with his hair.

“You have to come back now” he demanded.

I laughed a little, it made him laugh too and the passengers that were still waiting to get on the plane.

“Why is that?” I questioned, still laughing. This was the most excited and happiest that I have been in a long time.

“Because you have a part of me with you, my heart is yours Neavah” he promised.

“You will have to prove that one” I winked after my reply.

I wanna love somebody, love somebody like you.