Twenty-five

I'm going home, to the place where I belong; where your love has always been enough for me.

For the past month I have not been in contact properly with anyone. It was as if as soon as I moved to Spain, everything back at home was just cut off from me.

As soon as I arrived at the airport, everything this past month just felt like a dream. Oliver, the work I did, the amazing people I met, everything just made me think that what happened in Spain should stay in Spain.

I spent all this time moving on from Dylan, I knew for sure that if I was to see him I would be fine and that there is nothing there anymore.

Camilla ran towards me with her arms wide open and I did the same to her.

“I have missed you so much” she screeched into my ear, but loud enough for everyone around us to hear.

“I am so happy to finally see your face” I screeched back in her ear.

As she pulled away from me, she held onto my arms and Stefan squeezed my shoulder slightly with his arm.

“Welcome back Neave” he greeted me.

I hugged him whilst holding Camilla’s hand. “Hey you”

As I pulled away I looked around expecting everyone else to be there.

Camilla and Stefan just looked at me; they knew what I was thinking.

 “We have loads to tell you” Camilla stated rolling her eyes at the same time.

I rolled my eyes in return. Drama!

Stefan was driving back; he passed his test while we were away.

“How was your break?” Stefan asked as he looked at me in the passenger seat.

I thought back to everything that happened and looked into the wind mirror besides me.

I thought back to the flight where I first met Oliver and shook his hand, I thought back to him singing to me on the beach, when he took me for a ride in a horse and carriage, when he planned this beautiful evening with a picnic, when we spent the time at the airport telling each other we loved each other and the way he lifted me up.

Yeah I have to act as if it never happened.

“It was good” I said. “I met some amazing people”

“Good, I am glad you had fun” Stefan said.

“But I am glad you are home” Camilla added.

Was I? Was I glad that I was home?

“Dylan has been shut off from us for the rest of the summer we haven’t seen him” Camilla explained.

Part of me didn’t care, but the other part was glad that he didn’t meet anyone else.

“Ashley and Taylor have moved in together” Stefan added.

Why didn’t she email me? This is the most important news that I could have received from her since she told me she got tickets to the Daughtry concert.

“I’m still with my boyfriend” Camilla added to Stefan’s comment.

“I’m still with my girlfriend” Stefan added to Camilla’s comment.

I laughed at the both of them.

The car went silent for a little while before the sound of Camilla’s voice started speaking again. Her voice was so soft, so innocent that every time you heard it you would think it is cute. She is probably the cutest girly girl you could ever imagine existing around the area that I live in.

Her dimples started to show as she smiled at me.

“You don’t need Dylan, Dylan needs you” she assured me.

I turned to her in the back seat and felt the smile on Stefan’s face.

“Thank you Cam, honestly” I smiled at her and turned back round to look out the window.

It was quiet for a little while again.

“That’s okay” she chirped up innocently making both me and Stefan laugh at her.

I don't regret this life you chose for me, but these places and these faces are getting old. So I'm going home.