Nineteen

Kicking my heels

Oliver hasn’t spoken to me for the past two days and I haven’t seen him since Tuesday evening. I tried contacting him and even went to his home but his car wasn’t in the drive.

“Only three weeks left Neavah” Gabriella said.

Gabriella is the teacher that I work with at this school. Miss Wilkinson the children call her.

I nodded my head in reply. “I’m going to miss it here”

“I can imagine why” she said, tucking into her turkey club sandwich. “The children really have grown to love you”

I smiled in reply, I loved this experience and I’m glad that I took the opportunity.

“I can’t see how I will pull myself away from them” I moaned.

“All in good time” she promised.

There was a knock at the door which we both turned our attention to.

“Neavah, Oliver is downstairs in reception waiting for you”

I grinned uncontrollably as soon as I realised that he actually came here, he actually came to me, even though he walked away.

“Neavah, take the rest of the afternoon off. You’ve done enough today and we will catch up tomorrow before the weekend” Gabriella said.

I nodded. “Thank you Gabby” I smiled at her and put my bag on my shoulder as I left the room with the receptionist.

Oliver was stood there in his dark blue jeans that both of his hands were tucked into the pockets of. His shoulders were lifted, looking as if he was shrugging at me, in his plain white tank top which was quite dirty from the garage. His hair was all messy from work, but still made him look incredibly hot and his tanned body just topped it all of.

“Hey” I said as I started to sign out from the reception clock-in/clock-out book.

I lifted my head to him and he smiled rather than spoke to me.

I closed the book and directed all my attention to the receptionist. “See you tomorrow Rose”

“See you tomorrow Neave”

Oliver stood on the steps of the building and I sat on the step that he was standing on.

He joined me on the step sitting close to me.

“You didn’t come here to maintain the silent treatment right?” I questioned

“No I didn’t Neavah, I came here because I have been thinking a lot over the past two days”

I titled my head slightly to the side and looked into his eyes, trying to show as much interest as I possibly could. I thought that showing interest would show him that I actually do care about how he feels and what he thinks.

“What has been on your mind for so long that you couldn’t call about or visit me about? And where have you been? Because I’ve been to yours many times” what was meant to be a questioned, turned into an interrogation.

“Why did you write this book, that you have spent so long on?” he ignored all the questions that I had asked him and asked the one that played on his mind.

I paused for a second to think about my response.

“It was just my life Oliver. How I felt at the beginning of the book was literally something that felt like what you would expect someone to feel when they are watching a movie or reading a book. That was why I began writing about how I feel, what was supposed to be a diary turned into a book that I became incredibly passionate about”