Nine

Dylan and I decided to meet up just on our own a week after his birthday.

Who had any idea that seeing someone on their own, without their friends, for the first time could make you feel, well, not yourself.

 “Is he nearly at yours?” Ashley questioned on the phone, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

“He should be here in five minutes” I replied, checking out my window every five seconds.

I heard Taylor laugh. “You’ll hear his car” he joked.

“Not funny” I replied as I heard an “Ouch Ash” from Taylor’s mouth.

I presumed that she hit him.

“Rephrase that now” Ashley demanded.

“He will be there, he’s not reliable but because it’s you, he will be there” Taylor promised.

I smiled at his response, it was better than the first thing he said.

I heard the car pull up and so did they.

“Go have fun” Ashley pleaded.

“Just live in the moment” Taylor pleaded too.

“Live in the moment” I repeated, and then I repeated it plenty of times in my head.

I looked out the window and saw him waiting there; I then decided to say goodbye to the guys on the phone before heading down the stairs.

The closer I got to the door, the more I felt my heart beat faster and faster.

“Miss Neavie-Anna” he shouted as I approached his car.

I knew straight away that this would be an amazing night.

“If the weight of the world is on ya now and you know you can turn it all around” he was singing as I climbed into the car. I automatically knew the song and started to sing along with him.

“Hey babe, I’m assuming you know where we are going?” He asked me as we started driving.

I turned to face him and watch him as he drove the car away from my house, he loved driving. Even when he wasn’t in control of his car, it was when he felt most in control.

 “Keep going straight downs this road and I’ll tell you when to turn”

I continued watching him drive.

“Oh I’ve heard about your directions” he let out a chuckle.

I placed my hand on the dashboard and leaned forward in my seat to face him.

The biggest grin formed on his face as he knew I was watching him.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” I questioned with a slight attitude in my voice.

All banter of course.

“Nothing Neavie-Anna, nothing” he promised me. I knew he was lying.

“I hate coming down here, I always get lost. It’ll be easier for you to come to me” he moaned

“But then I will get lost” I laughed.

He carried on driving.

“Oh turn right here” I warned him.

He faced me then looked back at the road.

“That is a prime example of what I have heard about your directions, but I’ve seen it all now” he joked.

“That was just to get you back for saying it silly” I promised him.

“Where now miss Neavie-Anna?”