Eighteen

Worlds Apart

Oliver for the first time was running late. This seemed to worry me a lot more than anything else that was going on in my head at the minute, more than Dylan, more than everyone at home.

I was sat on the rocks where he first performed for me. When I was first here everything seemed magical; the atmosphere must have been created by him, because now it's dark, gloomy and really scary to be in.

"Neavah" he said in his beautiful Spanish accent.

I smiled as I turned to face him. "Where have you been Oliver? You're never late"

He shrugged his shoulders and grinned. "I have a surprise"

Well it all makes sense now.

He was like a kid at Christmas, making me act the same.

"What is it?" I stood up and ran towards him.

He held out his arms for me to run into and held me tightly when I did; I wrapped my arms around his body.

"Dinner" he announced.

I pulled away from him, seeing him smile just made me smile.

"But how would dinner make you late?" I questioned

He grinned at me as he squinted his right eye at the sound of a horse and carriage approaching.

I titled my head to the side, just looking past him to see the horse and carriage. "Oliver?"

He started nodding at me and I felt all crazy inside, I was so happy with him here, I am so bloody glad that I met him and wouldn't have wished for this trip to go any other way.

He held out his hand for me and stood to the side, allowing me to see the horse and carriage properly.

"My lady?" he attempted a British accent, but failed of course.

I held onto his hand as he leaned in slowly and kissed it.

"Neavah Collins?" The coachman called out.

"Yes" I smiled, holding up my right hand as Oliver was holding my left hand.

"We will be taking you to dinner and then back to your house. We hope this is okay with you and that you have a remarkable night" he explained.

The coachman opened the carriage door and I climbed into the carriage with Oliver following me.

The coachman closed the carriage door and sat in his position ready to guide the horse.

"You, Oliver, you are incredible" I smiled looking into his eyes as he sat opposite me.

"Only you would I imagine myself doing this for"

"What did I do to deserve you?" I questioned, looking into his big beautiful heartfelt eyes.

"I found you Neavah" he replied, looking back into my eyes.

I couldn't help but smile at that response. It wasn't something I would expect to hear, but it was definitely something that Oliver would say and I loved that. I loved that he gives me what I don't expect from people, yet accept that it is true as it is coming from someone who is genuine and honest.

He smiled back at me; both of us would always smile uncontrollably when we look at each other. It was as if I entered a brand new world here and everything back home no longer mattered.

The carriage stopped and the coach man opened the door for us both to get out.

I lifted both of my hands up placing them over my mouth in surpise.