Thirty-four

Leaving drinks with everyone

“That’ll be a Malibu and coke please for Neavah” Ashley ordered at the bar with her arm around me.

Our friendship has been through so much and it was strange to admit that as soon as I go that it could be it between the pair of us. I hated the idea of losing someone I have so many amazing memories with but it is something that has to happen at some point.

I smiled thanks to the bartender as he placed my drink in front of me and took Ashley’s order for herself as well as her money.

“I’m gonna miss you girl” I confessed as I leaned my head slightly on hers.

She squeezed my shoulder after leaning my head on her head.

“You know that I’ll miss you, but I just want you to be happy” I smiled as she explained.

She pulled away from me slightly but holding onto both of my hands and looking into my eyes, she seemed to be looking for a way to read whether I am happy or not.

“Will leaving make you happy?” she questioned.

I didn’t even have to think about the question, my response was quick as I nodded at her.

“Leaving here will make me happy” I confessed.

I could see her heart just fall into pieces as I admitted that being away from here would make me a much happier person but she was also the forgiving kind – the kind of friend that didn’t care where you was and all that mattered was how you felt.

I loved that about Ashley, Taylor loved that about Ashley, everyone loved that about Ashley and it is what makes her the easiest person alive to have conversations with.

“Then I will miss you more than anything in the world all over again because you are my best friend Neavah, but I will always be here” she promised me.

I smiled and before I could respond everyone else joined us, of course they were late, they always were.

As I hugged Camilla I smiled at Ashley as well as holding her hand. The boys were already requesting orders at the bar.

Dylan walked over to us with his hands in his pocket, why did he even come alone?

I smiled slightly at him but he ignored it and turned to face everyone else.

When we sat down at the table I knew that he hadn’t changed, he was still as stubborn as he was the first time I left here to go to Spain.

I looked around the table at everyone and just thought about them, how they have found themselves and how I am still finding myself unlike all of them.

Stefan has a good job now and is focusing on travelling abroad and doing work out in different countries. Frankie is hopefully going to be doing the same as Stefan, I really do hope they get a chance to do what I am doing and it will be even better if they do it together. Ashley and Taylor are focusing on moving in together now that they both have full-time jobs and are looking at buying a boat together too.

Dylan? Dylan is just like me, but that is why we need to be apart, to find ourselves and allow people to fall in love with the wonderful people that we could be.

Thinking back to it, there was a time when I would take all the weight from Dylan and put myself through everything that he was going through just so he wasn’t alone. Oh how the mighty have fallen.