Twenty-seven

Keep holding on cause you know we’ll make it through, we’ll make it through, just stay strong, cause you know I’m here for you, I’m here for you, there’s nothing you could say, nothing you can do, there’s no other way when it comes to the truth so keep holding on, cause you know we’ll make it through, we’ll make it through.

Waking up to Dylan’s face in the morning took me straight back to when we first spent the night together at the lodge and it just made me feel that everything was perfect. My life is perfect.

He was already smiling at me, waiting for me to wake up.

“You’re a star Neavie-Anna, but Miss Neavie-Anna you aren’t any star, you are my star” Dylan whispered, maintaining eye contact with me, even after he kissed the tip of my nose.

I smiled back at him. “Why did you say that?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “I was just thinking about you, what you’ve done for me, the person you’ve helped me become”

“Dylan, everything just feels right”

I leaned into his chest as he held me tight in his arms.

Although I loved being with Dylan, the one negative about it was he never made me feel that it was important to leave his bed. Even though I have my work to focus on!

“Neavah” Antonio exclaimed

I jumped letting go off all the papers in my hands as I walked into our office.

“We did it” he shouted with excitement.

I looked all the papers on the floor and closed the door behind me.

“Come, come over here Neavah” he hurried me towards the window.

I left the papers and ran to the window to where he was standing.

He paused and waited for me to catch on to what he was saying.

“No!” I shouted back in excitement.

He started laughing as a smile was growing bigger and bigger on my face.

“Don’t tell me we did”

“We did”

I hugged him with excitement and he lifted me up, spinning me around.

As he placed me onto the floor he began explaining what would happen to me.

“So this building will become the third building in the city of planning placements abroad, we will also be the tallest; gaining five more floors. We are going to transfer to the new building for the next six months until our floors have been created”

I couldn’t stop smiling and neither could he.

“You did it” I shouted.

“No we did this” he shouted back

I looked out the office window to find everyone at their desks watching us and smiling.

This was a really good moment for everyone; it meant that more people would gain experiences to go to different countries.

“Neavah, you’ll be getting in touch with Spain today, a few people out there will be willing to sell the country to you and help you plan your information leaflet.

I nodded.

He helped me to pick up my papers and I sat at my desk with pen in hand and paper in front of me.

I wonder if I get anyone from Spain that I know.

“Hello, this is Neavah calling from volunteer or complete placement abroad. You have been nominated from your town to explain why people should come to Spain. Please can you inform me of your name?” I said as I looked over at Antonio who was crossing things off his list on his desk.