Arc 8-3: Repent Overseer, Repent.

CHAPTER 3: DIE, DIE!!!

After their little hugging session, the Overseer and the Entity make their way through the rose garden of the estate.

Waiting for them in the middle were two very familiar figures.

Fiona and Sirius. The two leads of the Vampire world.

Their end was still a tragic one, even though she tried to change that.

In the end, they had died, only realising their love in death.

Fiona was treated as a toy by him.

It was a toxic relationship the Overseer didn't want to see.

Perhaps the original tragic ending would've been better.

She didn't know.

All she knew was that her shoulders felt heavy and her chest stuffy.

She really wanted this couple to be loving and happy.

For a moment, they all just stare at each other. No one saying a thing.

Finally the Overseer sighs, and apologises. "I am sorry for how things turned out. I wanted you two to be happy. Instead you made me terribly angry, treating her as an object. I realise my meddling only made things worse, and I apologise. Please forgive me."

The two leads look at each other, holding hands.

They smile gently at her. "Only in death did we realise we loved each other. If we were to live again, we wouldn't let the other one go. For that we thank you. However-"

The Overseer flinches at their voices.

Fiona takes over. Her harsh tone was reprimanding. "It was not your place to mess with fate! Because of you, our world has been destroyed. We can never reincarnate again!! We can never replay that same life again. For that we- I, " she breathes heavily, her anger prominent.

Sirius kisses her hand lovingly. "Ssh my love. We are together now. Don't be mad."

She nods. "Yes, we are together now." They smile, suddenly disappearing into thin air.

They didn't forgive her.

So they couldn't move on. However if they did, what awaits them is only the abyss.

The Overseer was confused.

The Entity pats her head. "Don't worry about it. It seems you got your wish in the end. They love each other, shouldn't you be happy?"

The Overseer shakes her head. "I still destroyed a world. I was childish." She sighs before continuing down the road. Her eyes downcast.

The Entity was pleased.

She really was showing signs of growth and maturity.

Still... He felt his hands clench at seeing her lonely back.

He can't really blame her for being who she was. She's never spoken to another being before entering the worlds.