Arc 7-1: Yum, Brains!

CHAPTER 1: Responsibility

The lifeless body of Isabel slumps over.

Within a day the news has spread.

Isabel the young dragon had died, and the poor fallen angel had been found to have bled to death.

This caused the demon Lord a headache.

He had lost one of his most important pillars of support, and well the two leads...

They were devastated.

They had lost their dragon. A girl who they thought of as their child.

They knew they should've been more pushy. Telling her to return home more.

Sending her packed lunches wasn't enough to convey their love, and now they regret it.

They should've done more.

To forever remember her, they called their newly born daughter Isabel.

"At least they got their happy after." The Overseer mumbles as she places the globe back onto the shelf.

She was back in her own body, inside the void.

Her golden eyes were weary. Her shoulders sag as she tries to relax. "I'm back."

She stands up peering into her void.

Somewhere here is the foreign entity.

She begins to walk past her many shelves. Searching for the man in question.

Her long silky black hair trails behind her, pooling at her feet.

Her skin was milky smooth, Her body proportioned to perfection.

She was the perfect Overseer.

Her bare feet didn't make any noise as she moved about.

"Show yourself already, entity." Her voice wasn't as carefree as she used to sound.

No, she was serious now.

She felt more responsible for him. No longer trying to think of ways to get rid of him.

Instead, she wanted to see him, speak to him, and try to understand him.

She couldn't help but smile a self deprecating smile.

Now is she trying to feel her heart?

A thing she thought she never needed?

A thing she had always looked down upon?

She didn't know.

A sudden voice speaks up from behind her. "I'm here."

The Overseer rapidly turns around, looking surprise at seeing the entity's real body.

He was gorgeous.