Arc 2-5: My Handosme King

CHAPTER 5: Ball Time

Zia and her 5 friends were living in the lap of luxury.

As soon as she had taken over, the King swiftly contacted her, and they formed a similar deal to the one she had previously with the ex Boss.

Everyone else in slums were at the very least getting fed better food. As Zia had bought a few farms, and sent over some of the kids from the slums to work and learn.

Hopefully they'll be able to supply their own food in the future.

For now, her information network that she had built up for the last couple of weeks has finally yielded her what she wanted.

She finally knows what part of the plot she's up to.

The start.

In fact, the future empress has just gotten married to the king 3 months ago.

Therefore they are currently growing feelings with each other, dealing with all the concubine.

The doctor should still be safe...

Well at least for now.

"Zia, Zia, you got a letter." The twins shout out loud excitedly.

Zia nods. She reaches for the letter from them, and opens it to read.

"Who's it from?" Noah asks, while he sips his tea on the desk.

Noah was in charge of the information they gathered, keeping everything organised and tidy.

"The King." Zia replies.

"What did he want?" Ava asks. She was mid bite a cookie.

Ava helped Zia take care of stores, often the business aspect.

"He's inviting me to a ball he is hosting soon."

"Decline it. He must have invited you out of sheer politeness. " Drew points out. He takes another bite from his red apple.

Drew was perhaps the most important member in their circle of friends. He helped Zia keep tab of their resources, and with his charisma helped the slum kids keep faith in Zia.

Zia had other plans. "I want to go."
Of course she did. She wanted to finally see that general in the flesh, and also find the doctor.

Although she must lay low, because of the nature of her business, still, she had ample power and standing. Especially among the underground folk.

Noah who heard her answer nods. "Well, it is a good chance for networking. And if it's you Zia, I'm not worried. You can take care of yourself."

Drew however disagreed with Noah. "No, I don't think it's necessary. To put ourselves in risk like that. I mean, I don't think anyone would be plotting, but having public knowledge on Zia seems a bit.... Well it makes me uneasy. We should remain in the shadows. It's safer."

Zia nods taking into account their opinions, however in the end only one opinion matters.

And that's hers.