Arc 6-4: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 4: SURPRISE!

Henry glances at the dragon with a critical gaze. "I don't know you."

The Overseer grins. However before she could open her mouth to speak, A sudden alarm is set off.

The demon Lord frowns. "What's happening?" He sounded composed, indifferent.

A sudden servant races into the room. "Reporting to my Lord, the humans have launched a secret attack our east wall. What should we do?"

The air in the room suddenly got stuffy.

It was thick and heavy, almost like musk.

The demon Lord stands up, his oppresisve power spreading throughout the room. "Kill them. And capture some alive. I'll personally interrogate them myself."

The servant nods and hurries to carry out his orders.

Henry looked uneasy. "Something's not right. Why would the humans attack us? So suddenly, with limited manpower? On our territory?"

The demon Lord shrugs, walking towards the door. "I don't know. But let's go find out."

Everyone in the room goes to follow him.

Edward turns back to give the little dragon a strange look. "Follow after us." He pats her head and takes his leave.

The Overseer nods, hurrying to keep up with everyone else.

As soon as they were outside again, the whole ground trembled!

The skies were stormy!

It was as if an explosion had been set off.

Smoke was everywhere, rubble could be seen littering the place.

The smell of blood was strong, as was the shouts of men.

When the dust had finally settled, everyone was starting at one thing.

A large gaping hole had been made in the perimeter of the wall.

Humans dressed in red were charging through, roaring at the top of their lungs, stabbing at demons.

The demon Lord suddenly speaks. "Duck."

The Overseer doesn't react, merely looking up at the dark sky. Only to see sudden little balls of light.

She felt an arm wrap around her waist as she was suddenly pulled behind cover.

*bang**bang**bang*

The flaming arrows hit everything in sight.

The Overseer was shocked silly.

She suddenly felt a breath in her ear. "Little dragon, you should listen more. Go inside, and let the grown ups deal with this, okay?"

Isabel looks at the blue haired demon's sardonic smirk as he adjusts his gloves.

She watched as he turns his back on her and suddenly joins the fray.