Arc 6-9: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 9: Confronting the Traitor

The steps up the winding tower has never taken so long before.

Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest like as if she was on drugs.

She was lost.

Not knowing if confronting the perpetrator is correct.

However she couldn't back out now.

What's done is done.

She can only bravely go forwards.

Finally they stopped outside the man's office.

She draws in a deep breath, and nervously knocks on the door.

The man who held her hand tightly, had no emotion on his face.

He was hard to read.

If only she was acting as the Overseer, she'd be able to know exactly what he was thinking.

"Come in." A soft voice rings.

Isabel sighs, and pushes the door open.

Her shoes creaks along the wooden floor until finally she stops at his desk.

Sitting behind the pile of papers was of course Edward.

He gives her his typical polite, yet eerie smile. "What can I do for the both of you?"

Mikael lets go of Isabel's hand. "I looked after her for long enough. Need we continue this charade?"

Edward chuckles warmly, his grin still there for all to see. "Sorry, sorry. I forgot how impatient you are, Mikael."

Isabel frowns. "This....." She looks between the two of them. Her violet eyes finally landing on Mikael. "If you're so loyal to the demon Lord, why let Edward get away with his scheme?"

She couldn't understand.

Edward sighs. "Little dragon, you really have a good brain on those shoulders. Tell me, would you rat on your only friend? On a friend who has helped you countless of times before? Remember he is a fallen angel. Don't tell me you were tricked and began to believe he really is good?"

His laughing expression soon changes into one of malice. "Rememebr this little dragon. No demon is good. We all want to devour and destroy. Don't be tricked or else you'll get eaten up!"

Isabel was taken aback by his harsh stare. His messy long blue hair made him appear more ominous.

She couldn't help but steal a glance from the fallen angel.

He showed no reaction to those words.

So.... helping his friend is a win-win situation for him.

Edward suddenly stands up, circling his desk. "Now little dragon. Think clearly. Why did you come to confront me? Why did I explain everything to you?"