Arc 6-10: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 10: Got Em!

It's been a week, in which Henry had to suffer underneath the demon Lord's scrutiny.

The 'interrogations' were long and arduous.

However everytime he would see Rose and Isabel after, he would feel better.

He can survive through all this torture.

He will convince the demon Lord of his sincerity.

Today was no different for him.

Rose sat by his cell with a tired expression on her face.

"Don't worry Henry, the Lord will see your true heart!" She says trying to sound cheerful.

The Overseer also hurries to chime in. "That's right daddy! And when he does, they should definitely compensate you."

Henry chuckles at her business like mind. "How have you been raising her Rose. All that's in her head is money."

Rose sighs helplessly, patting Isabel on the head while she sat in her lap. "I can't help it. She's a dragon, and dragons love sparkling things. Especially gold."

"Hey! I can hear you!" Isabel puffs up her cheeks looking angry.

But of course this was just the Overseer acting her part, to help aid the plot to progress.

Inside she was actually dying from shame and embarrassment.

To think a grown woman was acting like a child.

Even after doing it for so long, she still felt miserable about it.

Rose sighs, sneaking Henry his food.

He looked like a mess. He hadn't shaved, his brown hair has grown longer. His green eyes weary with bags beneath.

His clothes were blood stained, he was filthy.

They wouldn't allow her to even bathe him.

"Are... you in pain?" She asks, her blue eyes tearing up.

Henry forces a delicate smile. "I'm fine, Rose."

The Overseer didn't like where this conversation was heading, and hurries to change the subject. "Eat up daddy! Mummy especially made this just for you. Even I couldn't have some." She pouts.

They laugh at her antics.

Who knew it was so tiring being the life of the party.

Visiting hours were soon up, and so they had to leave Henry alone once more.

This proces was slowly killing Rose.

If they go on for much longer, the Overseer doubts they'll survive.

Henry won't be the same again, nor would Rose.

It was a prickly predicament.

Isabel sighs as Mikael appears by their side again.