Arc 6-7: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 7: Blessed

The battlefield was dyed in red.

The howling of the wind carried the cries from the dead.

However none of this disturbed the Overseer.

She was focused on her task.

"Be careful." Mikael warns, as suddenly the shadows morph into a shield, protecting her from a fireball.

He then just as swiftly, holds out his arm towards the human, causing the soldier's own shadow to wrap around him and choke him to death.

Isabel was too busy to notice him.

She had arrived in front of the city.

The battlefield was becoming more and more intense.

The demon Lord and the King's fight was too fierce. Destroying almost everything around them.

Henry and Victor's fight was also reaching its final stages.

"Why did you do that to me, WHY!?" Henry growls, his veins in his neck were bulging from fury.

Victor sends more vines to restrain him. He laughs. "Because why not? In our previous world, you were always the best! So why couldn't I become number one in this new strange world!?"

Henry cuts the vines down. He slashes toward Victor, sending air blades towards him.

Victor evades using magic steps, however Henry had long since anticipated this.

With one move he had Victor by the throat.

Victor drops his magic staff in disbelief. "H-how?"

Henry could only see red. He was all too eager to rip this guy's head off!

However Victor's harsh laughter made Henry pause.

Suddenly a booming voice from behind yells out at Henry. "Drop him! Or else I wouldn't mind having her!!"

Henry froze, slowly turning around only to see a soldier holding Rose captive.

He had a sword to her neck, while rope restrains her. Her blue eyes were filled with fear and trepidation. Her bottom lip was quivering, her face pale, as the soldier licked her neck gleefully.

No...

No!

Why!?

Why is everything and everyone holding him back!?

His eyes were bloodshot, however he could only follow his heart.

He had chosen this path.

And now he must see it to the end.

He slowly lowers Victor down, letting go of his neck. His green eyes were soulless. Lost.

His throat suddenly dry.