Arc 4-8: Step on me, Strong Independent Woman!

CHAPTER 8: Human Heart

Just as the Overseer had expected, Valarie could be spotted in most of her classes.

In more classes than one, they would clash, with Sana always ending up on the losing side.

By this point Sin got the drift of what was happening, and although it would often result in torture back home, he still let her be.

They can't escape even by humiliating themselves, and so Sin was curious as to why Sana was still carrying out this fruitless plan?

He knew she had another reason, he just didn't know what it could be.

Once more they were laughed out of class. Sin sighs, however looking at Sana's amused smile he couldn't help but chuckle. "Good job again today, Sana." He cheers her on, handing her a bottle of juice.

She grins, her one good eye sparkling like a gem. "Thank you."

However before she could twist the bottle cap off, Valarie seems to have followed behind them.

Sana was taken aback. She didn't expect this.

Valarie narrows her eyes at her. "Oh and another thing! Stop treating Sin like your slave. He is much more brilliant than you!" She growls.

Sana glances at Sin a little confused.

When did she treat Sin as her slave?

Valarie walks right up to Sana, snatching the bottle straight out of her hands. By this time the crowd has formed again, they were eager to see what would happen next. Especially after her humiliation in class.

Sana frowns, as Valarie gives the bottle back to Sin. "Don't let her walk all over you. You're a man! Toughen up!!" She grabs him by the wrist and pulls him to her side.

He glances at Sana for help, not knowing whether he should act or not. He didn't know if he'll ruin what Sana had in mind.

Of course the Overseer decided to stick to the true Sana and explode. She may as well just roll with things. And so she quickly grabs the wrist of Sin's other arm. "Where do you think you're taking my slave? Get lost, you lower born, country bumpkin!" Sana tugs Sin to her side.

He smiles widely shaking off Valarie, allowing himself to be pulled towards Sana.

Valarie was shocked. That insult was her biggest thorn.

This new piece of information immediately caused people to gossip.

"What? She's from the country side? No wonder she's so unruly. Just look at her sinking to Sana's level."

"Tsk tsk, I knew something was wrong with her demeanor the moment I saw her. "

"So that's why I smelt poor."

The Overseer bites her lip in alarm.

Ooops!!

She didn't mean to cause this commotion.

She's supposed to lose in every confrontation.