Arc 6-8: The Beloved Anti-Hero

CHAPTER 8: Scary~

The joyous celebratory atmosphere after the victory was short lived.

The demon King still needed to find the rat.

The demon army merrily made its way back home, ready to drink the night away.

They had won!

They were victorious!

However while they celebrated, a certain room in the castle was gloomy.

The demon Lord sat on his throne as a handful of people stood in front of him.

He glances at Henry with a hard gaze.

This is it.

Henry is going to suffer.

Henry looked surprised by the look. Before he could think too much about it, the demon Lord spoke. "Henry Dalton, why have you betrayed us?"

Rose gasps in shock. "Wha-"

Henry steps forwards, bending one knee effectively silencing Rose. "My Lord it wasn't me." He calmly says, however internally his blood was boiling with rage.

No where was safe.

He'd always be targeted, hurt, betrayed.

This emotion was suffocating.

The demon Lord frowns before sighing. "Unfortunately Henry I have evidence to my claims." He suddenly gestures and a soldier walks in with a box.

The demon Lord grabs the box with his gold gauntlets. "Inside this box is a letter from you to the human army. Isn't that all the proof I need?" His voice was dripped in disappointment.

"Guards take him away." The demon Lord looks away sadly.

Henry didn't even bother to object, however Rose did. "Wait my Lord! That doesn't make sense!!! Otherwise why would he try so hard to kill the humans? And not turn on us on the battlefield?"

Unfortunately she was ignored and restrained.

"Henry, HENRY!!"

The demon Lord leaves the room, sighing.

Everyone else soon follows after him.

Despair settles within the room, as Rose drops to her knees sobbing.

The Overseer watches her with pressed lips.

She...

What should she do?

Help?

But they must overcome this on their own...

However when she was watching over this world this is where the ml dies.

He has forsaken this world that had forsaken him.

He no longer cared about living or dying.