Andrew smashed his hand against the wall. "What did I tell you last time? You're not going to be with Blue. We love each other, and they are the best damn thing to ever happen to me. I swear, the moment we get of this bathroom-"

"Did you not hear me use the word 'thought'?" Jared asked as he placed the joint back in the box.

"Thought?"

"I thought I fell in love with them. I didn't. But if they make you as happy as you do them," he chuckled, "then I think I might need to find someone like that as well."

Sliding down to the floor, his back against the door, Andrew asked, "So, you're not in love with Blue?"

"No," he stated. "I never even wanted any of the garbage you had growing up. You were always so happy that I thought that whatever it was that made you happy would make me happy, too. That's why I stole from you. And since Blue made you happy, I thought that if I fell in love with them, then I would be happy."

"I was happy, because I didn't listen to father. I did exactly what I wanted and followed my writing passion. You listened to him, so no wonder you were always so miserable," Andrew snarled. "I know I would be too if I actually listened to him. I never would have met Luke or Blue that way...A sad thing to think about."

"I didn't think I would be able to," Jared stated. "From the moment I was born, I knew my place and my title and my worth. I had to work my way to the top to prove my worth to father, and he seemed to only pay attention the moment you refused to do anything for the family."

"Proves how little he cares about me," Andrew said. He looked at Jared and flashed a melancholy smile. "About the both of us, really."

Jared snickered. "He was a garbage father. He never cared about anyone expect those who worked in the business...and even then, he honestly didn't care about anyone in a more than platonic way. Why was I so obsessed with trying to prove my worth to him?"

"He got in our heads. He knew exactly what we wanted to hear from him, and he used it to manipulate us. I just figured it out before it was too late."

"Are you saying there's no hope for me?"

Andrew shook his head. "I heard you left. As long as you don't run back to him, maybe there is still some hope left for you."

"It pisses me off you that you got him to leave," Mr. Parker stated.

"You have enough people who can fulfill your role and take over the company. Why can't you be happy that both your sons are doing what they love? Why can't you support them?"

"If I support them, I won't see them."

"No, it's because you don't support them that they don't want to see you," they argued. "Have you ever thought about them as people with hopes and dreams and their own lives to live? Why can't you let them just do that? Let them exist in a world where they don't need you. Let them exist in a world where you're not hovering over their shoulder but instead supporting them on the sidelines? Let them come to you for help rather than indulge in the parts of their lives they don't want you to pry into."

"They're my sons. I love them, and I want what's best for them."

"Then let them live their own lives."

"I can't!" he shouted. "I have had them around me ever they were both born. They mean the world to me, and if I let them go now, then they'll never forgive me and never want me in their lives again. I have to hold on so they won't let go."