Jumpstart

Part 2:

Planting In New Soil

"I don't want to go," Andrew stated as he flung the covers back over both his and Blue's head, completely ignoring both his editors lingering in the doorway to his bedroom.

"Oh, come on," Martin grumbled, propping his hand on his hip. "It's been six months since you won your award, and they started production before the book even came out. This is supposed to be a celebration!"

"Don't care. Leave," Andrew grumbled as he continued to cuddle into Blue's lap.

"Can't we have this conversation over breakfast instead of the bedroom?" Blue snapped, waving their fist at both Martin and Marcy.

"Why would you-"

"Martin, leave," Marcy growled at him as she grabbed one of Andrew's shirts off his floor to toss to Blue. "It's not polite."

"Says the person who interrupted us while we were having sex," Andrew glared.

"I guess wearing this really does mean it's over," Blue sighed. Sliding the shirt on, they crawled out of bed to grab their underwear and proceeded to exit the room and head into the kitchen.

"Come on, Andrew," Marcy groaned as she pinched the waistband of his boxers to hand to him. He deadpanned. "I am not touching your underwear now that you're dating someone- Oh! Is that why you don't want to go? Because you don't want to leave Blue behind?"

"May I remind you that I don't like parties to begin with?" he deadpanned. "And yes, I would hate to have Blue miss out. I would need them by my side to make it through the evening, but with us tiptoeing around everyone, we can't exactly come out as dating. They still refuse to tell their brother about us."

"They're not ashamed of you, are they?" she questioned as she sat on the edge of the bed.

"No, it's just...how do I explain it- We're just comfortable at the moment. We're enjoying our time together, and we're waiting for the right moment to let the mayhem of Luke in. So while we don't have to, we're not planning to. We want to enjoy our privacy as long as possible."

"Are things going to be that bad when he finds out?"

"He'll obviously be pissed, because we kept it from him, but then he'll smile and be happy for the both of us and keep it a secret until we're ready to share it with the world. But since Blue isn't ready to tell him, I don't plan to force them to. When the time is right, we'll tell him. In the meantime, we're going to continue enjoying our privacy."

"I guess that makes sense," Marcy shrugged. "But that doesn't mean Blue can't come to the party."

"It's a private party."

"Yeah."

"So how can you let them in?"

Placing her hand over his, she patted it before standing up. "We'll find a way." Hand on the doorknob, she questioned, "If we do, will you go?"

Staying silent, Andrew hung his head, knowing he was going to dig his own grave. "I'll consider it."

"A maybe," she whispered as she opened the door, "is not a no."

In the kitchen, Martin sat at the kitchen island. Head slumped into his hands, he pouted at Blue. "Can't you convince Andrew to go to the party?"

"Why would I do anything for you after you walked in on us having sex and then didn't proceed to apologize and leave right away?" they grumbled, clenching the spatula in their fist. "So, why, hmm?"